Used 2005 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 449 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great Car
By Cornel

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this TL in April. Love the car with only one real complaint. The Seats are hard to keep clean.. The dye from jeans bleed right into the leather. The seats are tan so they look dirty. Other than that this is a wonderful car.

Engine, Body style, sound system

Better Leather. Noticed 2007-current leather seats have improved..

Best car I've ever owned, hands down.
By ScootrNC

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used with 19.5 k miles, ULEV rated (were available for sale in CA and upper New England at the time). I've put about 34 k miles on it and it has performed flawlessly for the 3.5 years I've had it. No repairs, rattles or anything negative over this period. It IS tire-sensitive. Now I'm using Bridgestone Serenity series and the ride is smooth and quiet, haven't noticed any significant tire wear for 20+ k miles. It's fast and fun to drive. I am familiar with the BMWs and yes they handle well, but the TL is right up there with them IMHO. TL is a little quieter than many of BMWs (especially wind noise at speed). At 70 mph, gives about 31 mpg but I don't punch it much.

External appearance...classic with NO unnecessary moves. Still looks current and I prefer it over the new Acura sheet metal. Terrific sound system and the cassette player will outperform most MP3 players with good recordings (MP3s give me a bad headache). CD is terrific. Ditto Bluetooth and Nav.

It's LOW to the ground so getting in and out is not as easy as with some other models. But that's the trade-off for great cornering and a very stable ride - - low CG. If you get the front spoiler, watch out for curbs when parking!

Pass on the 05 TL
By Missed on this one

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

If you are considering purchasing one of these vehicles I would suggest passing. Build quality, particularly interior components, is very poor, many squeaks, rattles, very un Honda like. I can't keep tires on the car. With 40K on the car, I am now on my third set. Although this is more sporty than the earlier version, ride quality is harsh, the car sits too low to the ground and is just not well built. I am a loyal Acura/ Honda owner however I can't recommend this car.

In my opinion, this is the best looking year for this car, particularly when compared to the new design which is simply ugly.

Needs better interior components. Too many squeaks and rattles.

Pros and Cons
By PL

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car with 31,000 miles on it.It has been fun to drive. I commute and now have 99,000 miles. My only complaints are 1) tires wear out quickly and are expensive, 2) same as one other reviewer, my passenger window sometimes won't go up smoothly, 3) it's so low to the ground that you can injure it easily with road hazards, 4) premium gasoline $$$.

It is a great and comfortable ride. Good gas mileage, even commuting. I expect to have it through 150K plus miles. Features are make it seem like a more-expensive car.

Change the racing tires, raise the body about 3 inches. Regular gas, please.

Best car owned so far!
By tone

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Only one thing bad is the turning! And original tires are bad too.

the drive , the handling and the look!

turning and different tires!