Used 2005 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 449 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great car!
By floridadriver

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at all the other cars- Audi A4, BMW330, G35, Volvo S60. I bought the dealer option, so it has everything.The navigation is very user friendly.For the money, this is the best car out there.

XM radio, headlights, and navi.

AWD

Lives up to reputation
By cazman

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

great car, widh it had more low end torque!

comfort+power, sound system excellent

better low end power, additional power option, available larger wheels/brakes with automatic

Love It!
By T

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little reluctant to start the car shopping process when my 10 year old car started to die on me. But once I drove the TL, I knew that I was in love. This car is so fun to drive and is it just a gorgeous automobile. I get compliments at the gas station or just in the mall parking lot. It handles well and the acceleration is powerful.

My favorite feature is the manueverability (and of course just the pure look of the car). It's simply a good looking car.

Gas mileage is not as good as I anticipated. But I guess that's the price I pay for all of the power under the hood

Best in class - hands down
By tn from sc

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My first car (10 years ago) was an Acura Integra I had for 5 years. Ever since, I've missed that Acura feel in terms of tightness, quality, drive, etc. I've only had the TL for a day, but love everything about it. It's amazing what you get for the money compared to everything else. Acura quality throughout. The Nav system is the best I've seen - perfect size screen, usability, etc. - must better than Toyota's for example. The voice activation is amazing - and again in a car that costs only in the low 30s. I can't see anything else out there that competes with this for the money.

Nav system, voice activation, interior fit/finish, Acura reliability.

I guess rear or AWD would be a good idea.

Stylish but not good
By Bruce Theus

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the TL about 8 months ago after owning a 2000 RL and was initially impressed with it's fun to drive performance. However after a few months the ride turned harsh and bone jarring, There are sometimey rattles occurring throughout the interior that can't be pin pointed and wind noise is pronounced. There is a blind spot on the drivers side that I can't seem to adjust too. At the rate that rattles are occurring I am sure that I will have to get rid of it before I reach 25m miles. While the car looks good and is fun to drive better quality can be had in a Honda Accord. Acura is on the right track but this car does not have the quality that I have been used to with Acura.

Blue tooth capability

Correct drives side blind spot, softer riding tires, DVD-Audio is good but sound system is anemic. Correct interior rattles. Body paint no better then Honda Accord.