Used 2005 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 450 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Best choice on cars ever made
By Brian in WA

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With some apprehension I handed over the money to purchase this. It was the most I'd ever spent for a car. It performs great around corners and in a panic stop the other day the brakes and antilock combination saved a hit with the car in front. I get many comments from lookers with the blue exterior & tan leather interior, a European look I at first did not like. But sometimes being different is a good thing. Power... plenty to get you out of a tight spot. Was almost going to get a BMW 330 but this offered more bang for the buck and maintenance will not require you go to the bank for a loan to fix something.

Audio system is superb as is the suspension.

Turning radius stinks. My Tahoe was tighter. Visability is compromised with the large front headrests, can't turn to see over your left shoulder. Difficult looking to the right. Mirrors (added parabolics) are your only eyes. Freeway road noise is louder than my Toyota Tundra.

Love my TL Elegant & Sporty
By garymbachap

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. I love the navigation and the voice control. Mine is a sporty and elegant Desert Mist Metallic with the Parchment interior. This is one of the most unique color combinations. The entire family loves the comfort, styling and power it has. It is the best value out there.

Navigation and Voice Control

All Wheel Drive and back up camera

It is fun to drive; turns many heads
By Don Cousar

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I picked up my Acura TL in Feb 2004. I have enjoyed every trip. It is fun to drive, and I always get comments and looks from people who want to know moe about it. The 270 HP and the sporty style are what 1st attracked me too. The stereo, road handling, and dash locked me in!

The blue backlight dask, stereo, leather seats, and 270 HP are my favorite features

It came with bridgestone performance tires but they only lasted 20,000 miles. I drive fast but these tires should still last longer. After I upgraded to Michelin performance tires I noticed an even better drive in the TL. I recommend upgrading the tires.

Fun to drive
By Motorcarz

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A great ride and fun to drive. Outstanding standard features. A sporty look and drive with luxury features. I'll keep this one for awhile.

Touch screen navigation along with voice activated features make this the easiest navigation system of any car I have used. Bluetooth technology make the hands free phone use an easy task. Gas charged headlamps light up the road.

Passenger seat can be uncomfortable without the power capabilities of the driver seat.

Mercedes to Acura
By Retired Mercedes CLK

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Although pretty, the Navigation stinks!! Has a very wide turning radius. Seats took a little getting used to, initially felt uncomfortable and hard. Handles pretty well and sturdy for a 6 cylinder. Pick up is slow, don't expect a sports vehicle or ride. I love the aesthetic appeal both inside & outside!! It's a cute car that reminds of a BMW 3-series. Overall, I recommend for the money even over the Mercedes.

Bluetooth technology. Handsfree voice command steering wheel features. Large and roomy inside. Radio display via the Navi screen (sound is also nice & crisp).

Definitely need a sports version with rear wheel drive. If Acura had that this car would be absolutely AWESOME!