Used 2005 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 449 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Honda Delivers Again!
By George

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned Honda cars all my life I have been extremely satified with their reliability and durability - decided to move up and a get into their luxury line. Read many good reviews but the only way you can truly experience the excitement of owning an Acura TL is by being in the driver's seat, drive it and enjoy all the amenities and the power that has to offer.

The navigation system and voice activated features are superb. The surround sound delivers clear sound. The botton line is that you get the amenities and features usually found on cars worth 50K + price range.

Sound system is great and delivers good sound. Head unit is great - they could use better speakers.

Great car to own
By Dougcool

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned this car for a little over 7 months and I love it, but the only things is the ride is pretty stiff. If you like anythings that's smooth ride, then this is not the right vehicle to own. The performance and gas mileage is great. I'm a pretty rough driver and I can get average 20-23 miles per gallon. The audio and navi is superb. I very recomended this car to everbody who can give up a little bit of stiffnes ride.

The Audio and Navi is great. The interior design is perfect. The style is very sporty.

I hope they'll have a rear wheel drive coming soon. Please make this car a little bit smoother. The right compare with previous make is a big change.

Excellence
By George

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I recently leased the car thinking I wasn't going to drive it much and use it when its needed, but now I can't stop driving it and I use it when I dont really have to. The car outperforms on a laaaarge scale. I had an 03 Type S and it really doesn't even compare Acura listened to the people and added the little niks n nacs that are important to the consumer. It gained leg room in the rear, the stick shift is out of the world fun to drive, accents on the interior are awesome, the addition of brembos to the stick model was phenomenal the the only thing I dont like about it is that 1st gear is extremely short so you have to shift out quickly before you top out without realizing.

Stick shift, brakes, seats, control

Extend 1st gear a little bit, cross drilled vented rotors and all wheel drive would be perfect! add some torque to it then there would be no stopping it

Great car, best in class
By Chris

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

There is a reason why this car is a top pick by Consumer Reports. For the money you are not going to do much better. The vast array of incredible standard features is just amazing, it's an awesome car to drive and seems to do everything you could expect for a car of this price. Sure the new 3 series handles better, but you'd have to spend $40K+ to equal the features of this car, and unless you live on a race track it isn't going to make any difference. This is a fast, luxury car that does everything you expect and more. I love mine and if I had to do it all over again would make the same pick.

Ride, handling, performance, features, stereo, interior, everything.

Would be nice if it ran on regular or got more MPG around town. I'd also like a jack for an MP3 player or MP3 capability on disk. Seriously though as an overall package you can't complain.

Love my TL
By JKrupp

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I LOVE my TL. Best car I have owned. Its fast and very responsive. The interior is amazing and very user friendly. Acura's navigation is by far the best on the market hands down. I love XM radio and the surround sound 5.1 DVD audio system. Researching all the other cars in its class from BMW to Infiniti to Audi, The Acura TL is by far the most bang for the buck. If your looking into this car.....Get IT!!!

Navigation XM Radio 5.1 DVD Audio System 3.2 v6 - Fun and Fast

Auto lights feature for when it gets dark and rain sensors. All wheel drive but not necessary. Traffic sensing navigation like the RL. Should just be a program upgrade considering the XM radio is in there. OnSTAR like in the CL and RL.