Used 2004 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 747 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

I Love This Car
By Mike

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second TL. I love the looks of this car. It is still stylish after 6 years and I never get tired of driving it. The standard features that this car has still amaze me. I have had just about zero problems with this car. Had the issue of wearing through my first set of tires at 20K but the suspension fix and new tires at half price fixed that. Second set of Bridgestones are holding up well. I have no major complaints

Sound system, comfort, great highway mileage, 31 mph when crusinig. Oil change reminders, navigation.

The Nav update discs are way too expensive. Leather seats have vent holes that collect dirt and crumbs. City mileage is not great. Fairly small trunk space.

Cracked dashboard-
By ww

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

By doing a little research found that their is a problem with 04-05 TL's dashboard cracking around the passenger AIRBAG. You can do a internet search to see the details. So car re-sale value will tank.

No need for aspirin
By ceenite

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased with 30K on the clock and at 81K today. All I've had to do to this car is put gas in it, change the oil, and put a new set of tires on (replaced crappy and fast wearing factory rubber). Solid vehicle all around.

Exterior styling

Fun to drive
By Guy

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had vehicle since February 2004. DVD hard drive failed within year but covered under warranty. At 60,000 the upholstery started breaking down and developing tears. At 100K I have to replace upholstery. Very poor quality leather used. Other than that, it's been a joy to drive.

Handling, Sound system, horsepower

Better quality leather upholstery. I've always had leather upholstery and never had the kind of problems I've had with this car. Shame on Acura for cutting corners. I would have preferred one less gadget than sacrifice quality in materials.

Love this car!
By TheCoach

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I recently (a day ago) got rear ended by a 1990s f150 doing about 40 or so MPH (I was stopped at a red light). I got hit into the mini van in front of me. My trunk is bent like tin foil, my back windshield is blown all out, and the car looks like hell. Through all that, I am safe. I have no pain (went to the hospital to check the internals). I thank God, I was hit rather then some family in a Smart car with a kid in there. I loved that car, and will be getting another TL as soon as possible. I am having a hard time explaining how thankful I am that I decided to buy this car.

It used to be the style. I loved the way my car looked. After the accident, I have to say that the safety of this car far exceeds even my wildest imagination.

Honestly nothing. I've had a Mustang, Blazer, Accord, Corolla and nothing can even compete with this car. They say the BMW competes, but I have friends with BMWs and they just don't compare.