Used 2004 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 747 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Near ...Perfection.
By fastone4

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura TL is a near perfection automobile.
It handles nimbly and has great power when needed.
The dashboard navigation is fantastic and loaded with XM and very good (not Bose) sound.
If you are fortunate enough to find one in good shape get it!

Handling, Power, Speed, Turning, Looks, Sound and Navigation.

Leather.

Honda made a jewel
By dspau122

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I was torn between the g35 sedan and the tl.
I am so glad I chose the Acura.
It has been an outstanding vehicle to drive.
It has every bell and whistle you could ask for.
The engine is very responsive and it has plenty of power.
The only thing keeping this car out of perfection is the front wheel drive.
I think 270 horses would feel better on the rear wheels.
Aside from that it is an awesome investment and Honda made a good product

Navigation, Bluetooth, xm satellite radio, spacious rear seating, instrumentation panel.

Rear wheel drive.

Nothin' But 5 Stars...Except
By steveet

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

There haven't been many cars in my lifetime that make me smile when I sit in the driver's seat, but this little Acura TL makes it happen every time. It's a kick to drive with the auto/manuel tranny. I'm the original owner with 89000 I have to say this ride is still pretty tight. I keep good rubber on it at all times so handling and cornering is very good. The down sides? If the battery goes dead, which it will w/o warning as has happened 3 times, Acura neglected to put in a chip backup for things list your Bluetooth phonebook! Bluetooth mic is on the low to poor scale - Had to mark it down for that. Torque steer - yep, only if you mash it from a dead stop. Overall, Best car I've ever owned.

The Navigation is pretty sweet as is the upgraded sound system. The thing handles like a little racing go-kart, but with a ton of refinement. I like to styling of these years - needless to say the snarky unloved nose of the last version almost killed off sales of this once awesome car.

Integrate Google Earth with Navigation - the DVD based system is costly to upgrade and the updates haven't really added much. Upgrade the voice command recognition and search fundtions. The updated TL's have been made larger with more power and better nav. - drove a 2010 and it was a huge difference.

Great Care w/ a Few Problems
By mke_driver

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 TL used with approximately 72K miles on it.
I've had it for a little over 2 years now and have noticed some issues arise.
After looking at other TL's it seems that discoloration in the side mirrors is pretty common with this model.
I have also had to replace my O2 sensor after failing an emissions test.
Just recently my passenger side headlight went out.
I have no idea why they built the car like they did but in order to replace either of the headlights(not fog lights), you need to take the bumper off the car making it close to a $400 job ($200 for the headlight & $200 in labor).
It's still a great car but can be a little costly to fix at times!
Will check in again!

Great interior, excellent power and features

Need to fix the headlight replacement issue so you don't have to take the bumper off to replace a bulb!!!!

Love this car
By mel63

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 2004 Acura TL new. I now have 185,00 miles on it, 95% of them being
highway miles. A few problems here and there, but all in all it's the greatest car I've had. My bluetooth has problems off and on and my navigation system has died due to it being in the trunk and I live 2 miles off the highway on a dirt and dusty road. Would love to know if anyone else has had more miles than mine and if yours is still running well.