Used 2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S Consumer Reviews - 293 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Will own till it dies
By Raider

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic ride. Very comfortable, roomy interior with great sporty performance. Looking for some power at less cost - this car is a great option.

17in alloys, cd changer, spacious trunk, many airbags, spoiler (a must have I don't think the car looks nearly as good without it).

Wish it would accept an aftermarket sub woofer. Steering wheel controls have been switching up on me (volume controls the channel changer).

I LOVE IT!
By Scotty

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car one year ago. So far it has been a pleasure owning it. 260h(200whp) engine delivers smooth power when you need it. Interior is spacious and well designed. Large trunk. So far it has been very reliable.

Nighthawk Black color is sharp! I have the factory body kit and despite being a 6 year old car, it's still a head turner and I get compliments regularly on how it looks. Factory HID's are nice. My dad's Mercedes E500 did not even come with HID's. Touchscreen navi is very easy to use and is handy. VSA.

None. It's a great car for what it is, practical.

GREAT CAR!!
By REE

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned at 1993 Acura Vigor GS with 260k miles and had it for 13 yrs before I decided to get a new one. I kept it for awhile after purchasing this TL 3.2S type w/navi sys. I am very happy with this car and have no regrets. The only cons I have is the middle front armrest is not secure and keeps opening up. I use unleaded plus and have never had a problem in either car by doing this.

Leather seats, handling, navigation system, onstar, exterior build, and cassette player/cd

Paint seems not to be as good as the 1993 Vigor I had.

Best car I've ever owned
By johnwilliams

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL-S with 60K miles on it 2 years ago and love everything about it. Great power, really good handling, exterior style is head turning, very comfortable ride, decent gas mileage (if you can keep your foot of the fantastic accelerator), and while the interior style is simple all you have to do is put a little leather conditioner on the seats and it stays perfect. My seat heater (driver side) and light for the clock did break as did the radio control on the steering wheel but this is minor stuff. If maintained this thing will run for 250K miles + no question.

MOTOR! Autostick shifter, memory seats, HID headlights, thrill to drive, safe, huge trunk. Great car!

Great car, but...
By Dino

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this has been a fantastic car, enough so that I will probably buy another when this has come to term (currently 120k). Great performance, and other than a warranty covered transmission problem at 45k, this car has had no work done at all other than routine maintenance. However there are several design flaws that have bugged me ever since purchasing it: no auto headlights, the wipers are under the hood (can't raise them to wash the windshield), the top console compartment spills change out the back end when lifted up, the navi maps lack a ton of US city streets, especially in smaller <250,000 pop cities, and more.

Performance, ride

Pay more attention to the details in designing the interior for this caliber of car