Used 2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S Consumer Reviews - 294 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Don’t waste your money
By Jesus saves

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

bought my 2003 Acura TL 3.2 S Used with 188000 and it’s still a fast car 140 for a detail and total cost including car and detail 1,640.00 car is horrible Transmission is so bad

Green machine
By Hal

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It's a big car after leaving a BMW 325CI. Need to get used to. Overall good quality, comfortable but not up to the new safety feature availible in a newer car.

great car
By linda warren

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

recalled transmission.

Nice ride
By Anna Harrington

Good car ..very nice inside and out Anna Harrington

My daily driver for 14 years and counting
By Ted

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I first purchased my TL-S back in 2002 (2003 model year). The transmission failed in 2003, and again in 2009. Both were replaced under extended warranty. The transmission that was installed in 2009 has been working fine since, with a redesign to prevent future problems. The Acura service department was excellent in remedying the transmission problem, both times. It has been 7 years and 80k miles on my current transmission. My car currently has 190k miles. My TL-S still has strong acceleration and surprisingly compliant yet firm ride quality and capable handling after all these years. The interior materials are holding up well, and the dashboard still retained its original color. The leather seats have aged much better than my 2008 Lexus ES. If not for the transmission issues early on, I would've given this car a perfect rating. My TL-S has held up much better than my friends' BMW 323 and Mercedes C class, which they purchased around 2002, and both of which fell apart a few years ago. Asides from the transmission and a couple of broken window motors, I've only done routine maintenance on my car. Kudos to Acura for building a mostly bulletproof car.