Used 2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Denver 2002 TLS
By Denver Guy

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I'm the original owner and have been thoroughly pleased with this car, so much so I'm having a tough time deciding on if to sell and which new car to buy to replace this one. It would be logical to purchase another TL but I don't care for the current body style. MY TLS has been very reliable and economical with only routine maintenance and just a few recalls (tranny). It also still looks great inside and out! Suggestions for Acura: put better tires on the new cars. This car drives so much better after the original tires were replaced.

Style, controls, engine.

All wheel drive for snow states.

Still Runnin' Fine
By Northwest Guy

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I last posted on 9/22/04 and it's 3 years later. Car styles have changed, but the fundamentals haven't. I do not drive a ton of miles annually, but I do take some long trips, as well as plenty of day-to-day ones. My original review still stands. I did finally put some new tires on the car which, of course, are better than the originals, but other than that, the car has been good to me - without incident or flaws. Recently, Acura extended the warranty on the transmissions to 9+ years, I believe. It gets consistently good mileage - you don't have to use premium all the time, either; it drives well - excellent on cornering; brakes are good and sound/navigation are great!

Navigation, sunroof, sound system, heated seats.

The wide turning radius, better original tires, trunk size, more cush for the tush.

Great Car, Bad Transmission
By Steve

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my car for almost two years and purchased it pre-certified. I have never had a problem until a few days ago, when without warning the transmission went out. My car is now waiting to be repaired at the dealer. Other then this major setback, the car has been outstanding, and I love it.

Stereo, handling.

Transmission, gas mileage.

Nice car
By adam

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very nice car. It is very reliable and has never broken down on me. If I were to buy another car I would have to go with the same car, because it is very fun to drive (goes when you press the gas).

The POWER, great ride, exterior looks, bose sound system, comfort

Gas mileage (avg 17.7 mpg city), transmission issues, bigger tires, size.

Running the tranny
By Nancy

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving my acura. I step on the gas and it feels like someone tapped the back of the car as it takes off smoothly and very quickly. I have had the car 5 yrs and many highway miles. Very comfortable, best car I have had. Feel safe and quick in traffic. Mechanically it has been not so fun. Lots of transmission problems. I have had to replace the tranny several times, Acura took care of the expense. Had difficulty with brakes wearing quickly, but think I found better pads now. Car has plenty of room, yet not too big. I love the Aegean blue, lots of compliments.

It is a very quick car and comfortable ride. The Aegean Blue color is very nice, lots of compliments. The stereo system is great as well. It looks sharp from any angle.

Improve the brakes and the transmission problems.