Used 2002 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

all around great car
By Knine

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car since its release date in July '01. It's fast, handles well, has a tight turning radius and corners like a race car. So far its been reliable (no $$ other then regular maintenance), very comfortable and great for road trips with the optional Navi. I've had many cars before this, including a a '99 Chrysler 300M (which was a lemon) and never even thought of keeping them ... I'd highly recommend purchasing this car if youre thinking about it ... and then recommend picking a city 500+ miles away and take a week off. Enjoy.

Type S (260 HP, sport suspension), Navi

in dash CD player is a little fragile and mine crapped out two hundred miles after my warranty expired (50K miles)my Ipod with FM transmitter is a cheaper fix then the $600 + for parts and $300 labor from Acura

great value
By terri

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

In 3 years, other than routine maintenence I have never had this car in the shop. It has been the most reliable car I've ever owned, and I've always owned new cars (not used). What are considered options on most cars are included with the tl. The value is incredible. I have enjoyed every minute of owning and driving this vehicle. My next car will most likely be another acura.

the heated leather seats, the moon roof, and the audio system. I have also enjoyed the vtec engine

a bit more head room would be nice

Great car for the Money
By coolnincali

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have read the reviews and must say that I agree with those that say the car is great. Those of you that got a car that was sub-par....sorry to say, you got the ONE lemon. This car has been great in every aspect of performance, value, and quality. I bought my car used with 32,000 on it and it now has 56,000 on it and the only thing I have had to do is regular maintenence. The interior is great and extremely comfortable. I like the heated seats and the fact that it has memory seating. I like the sequential sportshift better than when it's in automatic mode. I fee more in control and it seems to respond better. All in all Honda built a great car for the money with a small taste of luxury

sequential sportshift, power moonroof, memory seating, heated seats, navigation

High performance tires should come standard with a high performance vehicle. Change the tires out it will make a huge difference.

Great Ride
By Rob

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So far, no problems with the car. I love the Type-S features. I have the Blue TL and I upgraded from an Accord. I like the power of the TL, and it's responsiveness. Only problems with 65k on it was normal maintenance and the recalls. Otherwise a fun car to drive.

Bose stereo, acceleration, xenon headlights, heated/memory seats. Responsiveness

Better transmission performance. Definitely an Accord on steroids.

Would like a "Twin"
By Rozman

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car after being turned away by a snooty Mercedes Dealer. No transmission problems yet, did the recall on it. The tires are expensive, and can only get them at the dealer.Bose system is excellent added the X-M Radio to it. Get 30 mpg in normal driving. Love it....

Heated Seats, Engine, Headlights, Seats, and Color (Agean Blue).

Tires, and fold down seats.