Used 2000 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Acura TL

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (93 reviews )

Excellent travel car
By papnjoan

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This car has provided us with excellent service and comfortability especially on trips. The Mrs. says it is the finest riding car she has ever owned. Both husband and wife enjoy driving the vehicle. The car seems to hold its beauty in design and when taken care of continually looks as if it is a brand new car. Our satisfaction is so great that we would now not consider another make car.

1. Design - still looks sharp. 2. Ride comfort - still fresh at the end of a long trip. Smooth ride. 3. Power - great get up and go when needed. 4. Audio system - Bose system is pleasurable. 5. Interior design - attractive and comfortable.

Better seat belt system. Awkward for males when seats moved back but that is minor.

Awesome, Awesome Car!!
By chicagodesi

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I just purchased this car almost 2 weeks ago and I could not be happier. It's got black on black, chrome wheels and spoiler, and upgraded wood trim. I love the roominess and the performance is more than wonderful. I love how quiet and solidly built the car is and I have not experienced any of the transmission issues that seem to have plagued these cars. I got a 4 year/48000 mile extended warranty so that does give me plenty of peace of mind with the car. I love how it handles and the looks still get plenty of rave reviews.

Upgraded wood trim, chrome wheels, xenon headlights, heated seats.

Upgrade the CD player so that it plays burned CDs!! The Acura only plays certain brands of cd's that are burned at a low speed.

I LOVE this car!!!!!!
By Gfaze

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in October of 2006 after literally years of research. Every time I weighed the choices, the TL always came out on top! The sportshift works great, no transmission issues (knock on wood) and no complaints. Bought it in flawless, mint condition from a local, reliable used car dealer. It's fun to drive, looks sweet (silver), and performs like a champ. I bought it to replace my aging but reliable, 94 Ford Thunderbird LX (V8). It had a lot of overdue maintenance needs and a dying transmission which would have cost more than it was worth. I still miss that 4.6L V8 roar though.

Performance, styling, even though some say it's bland, I really like it. The Bose stereo sounds great. The fact that it comes loaded made it easy to shop for one.

It could use some more horsepower but I don't think I'm ever satisfied. Factory foglights would've been nice. Maybe rear heated seats? CD-changer.

Beauty and Peace of Mind
By Green Dragon

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Bought her brand new and named her "Perfect". She is. No mechanical issues. Maneuvering capabilities are unsurpassed for the class. Enough horse power (225) for the local and highways. Sufficient acceleration power to merge traffic. Xenon lights are long lasting.

Bose sound system with subwoofer.

Rear mirror automatic dimming stops functioning after 2 years. Trims are sort of "protruding" that easily come in contact with (or scratched by) the curb.

Transmission woes
By tam-o-shanter12

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is my second Acura. I bought it after having a great experience with my older Legend which currently has over 340,000 miles on it with minimal problems. Overall the TL is really great but the problems with the transmission make it overwhelming disappointing. I had the first trans replaced at 100,000 miles and before the original recall (I don't drive the car hard or use the sport shift) and this new transmission only has 73,000 miles and is failing. Of course, Acura refuses to replace the second transmission, which is no different than the original that was in the car. Sorry, but I will never buy an Acura again.