Used 2000 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Acura TL

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (93 reviews )

Do not hesitate!
By John

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is the best car i have ever owned. I bought it brand new in 2000 and besides regular maintenance and normal wear and tear things I have had to pay nothing in repairs. Yes, absolutely nothing. I thought it was unheard of to get this performance + reliability for the price until i bought her.I just bought a 2009 TL and LOVE IT! I dreaded the day when I passed this car along to my son. But at least I can feel confident this vehicle will not leave him stranded on the side of the road. This vehicle is far superior to any German made luxury car by far. I have owned a BMW, Lexus, Audi (worst by far), and a Mercedes and the TL tops them all.

Bose Sound System, quiet v6 engine, reliability.

make this car run without using premium

Great Car
By Unclefletch

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car last year after my 1995 Maxima was totaled and was looking for something I could pay cash for. Overall it's been a very good car to drive with better than expected gas mileage on mid grade fuel. My only major expense was $900 to replace the xenon headlight on the passenger side last year and now the driver's side seems to be going out and I'm not looking forward to another $900 expense at the Acura dealership and was not happy with the service as it took 2 visits to repair them. I also have an issue with vibration when braking, that after replacing both the front brakes as well as rotors. When shopping for a new car however, I would purchase another one.

Great to drive, great fuel economy on mid grade fuel.

When buying a used one, would suggest that you get one without the nav system...it's useless, dated and integrates the climate controls that makes it cumbersome to use. Less expensive replacement headlights.

2000 Acura TL-Best car I have ever owned
By Mountan

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for over 9 years and put 106,000 miles on it. I have replaced the tires once, the brakes once and an oxygen sensor once. That is it! I ordered new OEM floor mats to keep it feeling new, and have loved the car. Most miles are highway, but the dealer was amazed that I had 100,000 miles on the brakes! Excellent reliability and very comfortable. Like that I can listen to tapes and CD's.

Great Reliability and comfortable Heated seats. Good pickup. Reasonable mileage.

Better windshield wipers, never had one that was satisfactory.

Great for fun and the long run.
By HotRodder

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This has been an extremely reliable car. I have only needed to do routine maintenance. The engine still runs smooth as ever, has plenty of punch, and does not burn any oil. The so-called German luxury car makers should take lessons from Honda on how to make dependable cars.

A smooth engine and tranny that gets off the line pronto.

Needs better styling. Even the new ones are hideous.

Exceptional Used Car Value
By lake for work

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Been buying cars for years. Had this Acura for longer then any. Best car I've ever had. Performed even better and quieter after I put a set of toyo tires on it. Now drives actually better than new. Corners like on a rail. Plenty of power. Gas mileage? An unbelievable 30.5 mpg over cross country trips with my foot into it a little bit. Better to verify all servicing is done before you buy used. Make sure the dealer or private party has all records. Timing belts, water pumps, etc only need replacing every 110K miles or so, but when they do they are spendy. Otherwise, these cars are so inexpensive to maintain, you won't believe the quality of a car with over a 100K miles on it!

Didn't get nav - but this feature was obsolete anyway after 4-5 years, so glad I didn't waste my money.

Premium gas is the only drawback. But I learned to live with it, especially as refined as this v6 is, and with the excellent gas mileage for a car this size, I don't mind the extra .10 a gallon or so for premium. However It will also run on midgrade (plus) without a noticeable difference in power.