Used 2006 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

The Last Year RSX
By RR

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is a very cool looking and pleasure to driving Japanese coupe. The road noise is notified as a light weighted Japanese sporty car with a little harder struts system.

A sexy appearance. Powertrain and handling. Warranty. Comfortable front bucket seats. Easy to use knobs. It's her last existing year, no more such economy Acura in the near future. A replacement - TSX coupe is likely to coming next year.

Lack of semi-luxury equipments, such as remote garage opener, temperature indicator, road PC, and useful compartments. Some purchasing options would be helpful. Since it will be the last year model for RSX, don’t expect any more.

Excelent Car for the Price
By Omar

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Used to drive a BMW 330ci coupe but decided to change after a relocation due to my work. I was looking to buy a long term car. I looked at various coupes to replace my "baby", and ended up with an RSX (wanted lower car payments). Although not a BMW, for the money, I do believe it is a great choice if you want a sporty car, without spending the big $$$. If you are in definite need for the performance, go for the Type S.

Fun to drive. good interior, good feel on the steering wheel. The transmission has guick gear changes while in manual mode. The seats are comfortable (I drive an hour to work every day). Overall good fun car to drive.

The stereo could definetely be improved.

Very Nice
By DanO

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this RSX-S on my birthday; a great present to myself. I wanted one 3 years ago. This car is quick, nimble, well built, and has looks to die for. After 15 miles of driving, I felt at home in it. 6-speed is close ratio...for around town, just get to 3rd and stay there. Engine is a marvel of Honda engineering; hungry for revs, and with 8 grand redline....well I have to get used to it! Interior is very comfortable and good looking, exterior is handsome and paint is flawless. This car has every feature (standard) that cars at 10K more have...an incredible value if you are in the market for this type of car.

Engine / performance, interior comfort and appearance, overall great styling. Interesting note: the subwoofer (Bose) is hidden away in the spare tire compartment (I find that innovative.)

Hard to come up with any....OK..how about a right arm rest in console.

Type - S Review
By solid

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is definately the best bang for the buck. Everyone keep in mind I drove a Honda Civic prior to purchasing this car. The Type-S comes fully loaded with nothing to really do. (unless I wanted to fix it up) This is my first car purchase out of college and I am very satisfied with it. I have looked at other cars in the same price range for many months and found this to be the most attractive with a decent amount of hp. I have had no problems as other users have had year to date. I get about 23 to 24 mpg driving local most of the time. I got a great deal on it (Leased it).

Speed at high RPM. Otherwise you really won't feel it. Leather package, designed for the driver. No one touches my unit except me. So spacious! Definately better looking than the previous models. (I really don't like the cut outs)

Well knowing that the RSX is gone. There is nothing I could say. Well for the new TSX-A spec whatever they are going to call it, GPS option for sure, and make it come standard with an MP3 player. I'm sure for the 30k expected price, they will make it much stronger.

Great Wheels!
By Commissioner

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a red Type S and couldn't be happier. Been looking for a sporty coupe with a stick since I sold my '94 Vette. Yeah, I know, this ain't a Vette. But it just might be even more fun to drive. I'm not crazy about the exterior, but the interior is really nice. I don't get the people who complain about the ride. If that's so important why didn't they buy a luxury sedan. The RSX is a more of a bare bone sports car, though it does have the Aucra luxury, and, more importantly, the Honda reliability. Like I said, the exterior doesn't do much for me. I prefer the older Acura Integra...or, better yet, a Hyundai Tiburon GT with the Type S's drive train.

Six-speed Shifter Engine dash and seats

Could use better tires Redesign exterior (as a reviewer once said: "it looks like a Cavalier on steroids")