Used 2006 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Great Car
By Sean

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my White Pearl RSX Type-S back in 2006 right before they were discontinued. I unfortunately have to trade in due to expecting child...I love this car and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys and would appreciate a fun, reliable compact sports car. Acura really hit the nail on the head with the exterior design. My only complaint is the 201 bhp. If it had around 260 bhp I would have been much happier so I could smoke those cheap SS cobalts and SRT- 4's you see all over the road. In all the car is great and I am sad to see it go. If I could I would definitely keep the car. Sound system is unbelievable; handling is great; car is just perfect to drive since I put 30k/yr on it.

Exterior, Bose Sound System, High Revs

More bhp, more low end torque, more tech options (navi, blue tooth, basically options you can get in other Ac's).

An Acura, but not a luxury car.
By schmack

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought an '06 RSX on a lease return. Great condition and lots of fun to drive on my 8-mile commute on a bendy highway, but it lacks some pretty basic features like a remote hatch release. I've owned Hondas exclusively since I turned 16 and each one, even my old '83 Accord SE, had a lever to pop the trunk from the driver's seat. The plastic sun visors feel cheap, and there's not as much storage for odds and ends as I'd like. Overall, I prefer the interior of my previous '98 Accord EX coupe for features but the leather seats offer great support and comfort in the turns. Engine and performance in the RSX blow the Accord away. Better mileage and acceleration? Well worth the price.

Acceleration, handling, sports-shift automatic.

Could use a hatch release lever, or a popper button on the key fob.

Doesn't get any better for the money.
By Reggie

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I leased this vehicle in March 2006 and is due back this upcoming March, so plenty of time with the car. Great looking, reliable, quick little car. I have the black pearl and it looks beautiful when clean. 17" wheels support the handling. This car handles unlike any other I have ever driven. 210 HP and still getting over 30 MPG on the highway with Bose 7 speaker system. $275 per month well spent. Never had an issue with it through the 37k it has to date. Back seat it kinda tight so I don't recommend it for a family vehicle or if plan to have friends in and out. Seats keep you nice and firm when driving but not the greatest to take a lunch time nap in during work hours. Highly recommended.

210HP, I-Vtec Engine. Bose system. 17" wheels. Climate control. Superior handling. 6 speed tranny. 5 cupholders. Get an intake and leave the stock exhaust for an awesome sound during vtec crossover.

None. If there were any then the car would be $30k instead of $24k.

Great Sports Car
By David

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great, pretty fast for a 2.0L inline four. Quick on the acceleration and grabs corners like a magnet, rides smooth even over very deep pot holes and high speed bumps. At top speed is pretty smooth and stable along with shifting the whole way, pretty good for a 5M base but there's always aftermarket for those days when you wanna get up and go. Did lack a couple of interior options and design for an Acura but still being a sports car, it's awesome. I would recommend for any driver, guess thats why after I bought mine, I now know 5 people who recently bought one as well. Can't go wrong with a Honda.

Exterior design, transmission and engine, fuel economy. Great for stock but if you're an auto enthusiast then there's a lot of aftermarket parts for this vehicle.

HID and audio system w/ navi, I placed aftermarket HIDs and work a lot better than stock. I also placed an aftermarket DVD/navi system to replace the stock stereo and fits great with a little mods but looks like it was meant to be there.

Best Lookin Bang for your buck!
By MiKoLoR

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

So much fun to drive. The fastest N/A 2.0L inline 4 on the market. I love corners and quarter miles but hate speed bumps, steep driveways and large pot holes. Amazingly reliable and takes the beating of burnouts and high revs! 8100 RPM redline!

Underdog domination! My CAI and race headers pulled all the power out.

A stock navigation and turbo would of made this car wayyy too dopey. Nothing else can be improved upon hence the discontinuation of the RSX/Integra. Baddest ride around 20k on the market.