Used 2005 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RSX Type-S

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (72 reviews )

In a word? FUN.
By Eric

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is just a ton of fun. It's got pretty good torque off the line, but get the RPM's at about 6500 and feel 'er fly! The sport-tuned suspension (I have a Type-S) makes for great handling, yet the ride is still releatively quiet. The interior is very well designed, with the focus placed (as it should be) on the driver. While there is, technically, a rear seat for two, this is really only a two-seater for all intents and purposes. Small children and/or pets are the only things suited to being in the back. If you're looking for a passenger car, look elsewhere. If you want a fun car with nice pep and great extras (what a sound system!), get this car.

Engine (210hp from a 4-cyl!!), Handling, Sound system (Bose), Tons of standard equipment.

While the exterior looks sporty, I'd like to see a bit more of an aggressive design; the blind spot is massive in back, which makes for a difficult and nerve-wracking experience when backing out of the garage.

RSX IS A GREAT BUY
By Alex

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This cars is my second honda purchase, my first being a civic dx in 99. I love veything about honda's reliability with my first car and now the RSX Type S has added great handling, incredible pick up, great high end speeds, and an appearance second to none. I would suggest this car to anyone who really enjoys driving a little too fast a little to often. As far as maintance i have had none which is right in line with honda's reputation. GO BUY IT TODAY!!

6 speed transmission, sport fitting leather seats, 17 inche rims and low profile tires from the factory.

Fuel efficiency which may be impossible when the car has so much output.

Die hard GM man converted by my RSX !
By GRNTYPE-S

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Im 51 and this is the 1st import I have ever owned. The car is amazing! The ride is smooth and the road feel is taught, but not "stiff". You can nail the gas pedal and hear it just come to life like a wild animal or take it out for a quite cruise at 70 while playing Motzart. The body style is unlike anything else on the road. And the quality and attention to detail is unsurpassed at this price. The Chevy Cobalt Supercharged version is in the same price range. But look closely... it doesnt hold a candle to the quality of the RSX Type-S.

The sunroof I love along with the "feel" of the leather. Dash vents spin a full 360. The sound of the motor and it power band is impressive too. Love the michilens and 17 inch wheels along with the phat stainless steel exaust tip. And believe it or not the glass is much clearer than US cars have.

The BOSE system is just ok and needs upgrading. Steering wheel radio controls would be nice. A power drivers seat would be great. Perhaps another 50 ponys under the hood would make this a Mustang killer !

2005 Acura RSX Type-S
By Eddie Strzalkowski

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Acura RSX Type-S is a great ride if you can drive a 6 speed manual. This car not only has 210 HP it has a V-Tec engine which really gives it a boost. Everytime you shift you feel like you have control of the car and it is so efficient you can even make the ride smoother than automatic. The ride is great, it sticks to the ground. With my Pearl Blue 2005 Acura RSX-S I ran a 14.8 second quarter mile at the track, stock. The car is completely reliable so far, has an awesome 6 disc CD player right in the front(not in the trunk). My brother also has a Pearl Black 2005 Acura RSX-S and it looks sharp also. Many people underestimate this vehicle. Test it out for yourself. It's worth every penny.

6 speed Manual, V-TEC, 6 Disc Cd player, Black Leather Interior, 210 hp,like a toy go-cart :) Everytime I ride, I can't wait to hit the gas.*Gas Mileage*:) Warning* With the purchase of this vehicle you could become addicted to speed. Get a radar detecter, I learned my lesson, trust me.

If you don't care about gas mileage I would like a little more horsepower... But, then again who wouldn't?

My Acura
By Liz

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the first Acura I have ever bought and I love it. I will continue to purchase Auras from now on. I highly recommend the Type-S which is compared to the Type-R from Japan. This can is smooth in the turns and allows for some great driving capablities.

Sun roof, 6-disc CD changer, dash lights up red, and the fact that you can hide the cup holders.

All wheel drive and turbo!!!!! Need a turbo Acura!!! I will buy!!!! Almost bought Toyota Supra.