Used 2005 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

The effects of an RSX!
By Ivey Walker

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a "tight" car, handles and performs very well. It has a lot of get up and dependency for getting out of the way!

Steering and the seats are beautiful and luxurious.

Sleeker look.

Impressive
By ddgreen33

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I traded in our 2003 S2000 for this car and we're glad we did. With the power that comes with the RSX I guessed the MPG would more than likely be around mid- 20s... but it stayed in the 30s. Best coupe out there... that I test drove.

Stereo, comfort, MPG, get up and go horse power.

Time for a new exterior design. The current one is kind of blah. Scratch the Type-S and give the base model 30 extra horses. The spoiler should be standard.

Solid
By krachon

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Overall a great ride. Fast, smooth and fun when on the road. I am on the road driving everyday for work and the RSX makes the driving much more tolerable.

The outside look is my favorite and the leather seats inside.

There is a pretty big blindspot. And it would be nice to see a radio control on the steering wheel. My dads Prius even has controls on the wheel.

Great car
By stereo5

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned many cars in my 32 years of driving, the 2005 RSX Type S is the BEST car I have ever owned. The car is very quick, very quiet and extremely reliable and fun to drive.

engine, 6 speed manual, suspension

The Bose sound system is anemic, and the 5" subwoofer is a joke. For a car with this amount of luxury, I expected more out of the sound system.

The definition of a sports car
By Jack

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love driving this car! I was first I little skeptical about purchasing this car since this would be my first manual transmission. I learned to drive stick in this car with ease. The handling is impeccible and there is plenty of power to boot. The best part about this car is the backing of the aftermarket. There are tons of parts out there to customize the car to your liking. The car is very sporty, but also looks very elegant. This car has the most standard features compared to it competitors including auto climate control and an in-dash 6CD changer. In all this is a great car, just watch out for misshifts, it's very easy to misshift the car especially from 5 to 4 and ending up in 2nd.

The cockpit is centered around the driver, everything you need is at your fingertips. 2005 redesign places this car more firmly in the Acura Lineup and adds 10 HP.

The Bose system is weak on bass, but an aftermarket sub makes it sound way better. Xenon HID's and a limited slip differential like those found on the Japanese Type-R would've been nice as well.