Used 2005 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Type S
By Trader

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Ive put 3600 miles on and have had no problems. This car is so fast, loves to rev. Seems like the car is begging you, "come on push me, ive got plenty more power for you"! The stereo sounds great and who wouldn't love zipping through those 6 gears. Seems like the cockpit was designed just for me. And the sound of that exhaust at high revs, wow. I'm sold on Acura.

Love the dash, the stereo, and that high reving engine. I knew this car was mine after sitting in the cockpit though.

No hatch release from inside. Don't like buying premium fuel right now but that's the price u pay for perfomance.

Great Sporty Luxury Affordable Car
By Timothy M. Crawford

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I (like many others!) needed a car w/ better mileage. I traded my 2000 Dakota PU for this. What a great car! It is fun to drive. It's sporty and quick. I love the Sequential shifter. I can play when I want, or just let it ride fully automatic. I took a road trip over a 800 miles and NOT ONCE did I ever feel uncomfortable. The leather seats wrap around you and make you feel very secure. I had just about all accessories put on this car and it was still a bargain! It looks great and is good on mileage. 2 major plusses...It is; 1....highly rated by consumers reports, and 2 it is an ACURA. Nuf said...Try to find an 05 now!

Leather seats. Clear and concise controls and dash. I like the storage areas throughout. They make use of every square inch, and hey it is a subcompact! It just doesn't feel like one inside. Love the trunk latch system. Very sporty look but recommend upgrading. (get the trims and spoilers!)

Not fond of the cup holders in front over trans (beverages get warm there) or behind the brake handle where it is hard to access. Allow the upgrades available in the other Acura models. Navigation etc. Oh yea... the sunroof (std) is also nice but needs a guard for rain and noise (I added one)

Great car, great price
By Tom

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Definitely worth the money. Had it for about 2 months now and still can't wait to get in and drive. Im in love with the interior design and the handling. My car only has 850 or so miles on it so I haven't taken it over 4000 revs yet. Haven't seen what this baby can really do. Lovin it so far.

Handling, one of the nicest

The backseat needs to be redone, other than that, no complaints

WOW!
By Gar'

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

One-week owner; Red(!);10 year Prelude veteran (higher torque, lower hp); weekend trip over 12,348' mt pass, both ways; 34.8 mpg actual!! Went to test an Accord EX V6--never did. This little devil is a MONSTER! Hugs the hairpins, powers out of curves, quick, precise & easy brakes, and FUN! Never touched the rev-limiter. 200 miles for 5.7 gallons of gas. Worth it. Recommended.

Steering, 6 Speed (Believe them when they say be careful downshifting), Bose, climate control, leather.

I already miss the right-side armrest/glove box.

I love this car!
By Cristina

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car! The price was great with all the options! I looked at every car in this class and the Acura was the best. I drive 80 miles every day on the interstate and this car loves to be driven fast!

Interior, seats. I love how everything faces the driver.

If it has rained and you open the trunk the water will get into the trunk area.