Used 2005 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RSX Type-S

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (72 reviews )

Lemons, but no Lemonade
By Unhappy

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got a lemon. So far the dealer hasn't been the least bit helpful with helping me. It's had a new transmission, 3 batteries, a new alternator and now they're telling me I'm having axle problems!! It's a cute car, but it's time to get something that won't break down on me five times in half a year!

By DJHonda84

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My previous car was a Mazda MX-5 Miata. I enjoyed it a lot, however due to the need of more passenger and cargo room, I had to replace it. I wanted something that sacrificed as little of the driving experience I had grown accustomed to as possible. I wanted something with two-doors, 4-seat minimum, light-weight, sport-tuned suspension, decent cargo room and fuel economy. I chose the RSX for many reasons. It satisfied the criteria listed above, I had a good ownership experience of a Honda in the past, and the styling fit me. I chose the type-S trim for the same reason anyone else would chose it: more power and tighter suspension than the base model.

This thing flies! The engine loves to rev all the way to the 8100 RPM redline and sounds great while doing it! Quick, smooth shifting of the six-speed tranny. Seats hold you in position as you whip through tight turns. Good sound system. Low maintenance. Very fun driving experience!

Would like HID headlights and a sound system that could integrate directly with my iPod. I currently connect my iPod to the sound system with a cassette adapter. A limited-slip differential would also be nice.

Adrenaline Rush
By Nauman

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

as far as performance is concerned, its got more then enough for any stupid ticket your trying to get. after 3k revs this car jumps to life like nothing else. stock/ it will hang with v8's. i have just under 8k on mine, no mods except the subs, and no real racing experience. this car managed to pull me out of a deadly situation on the highway at over 120mph. it also destroyed countless red light revvers. has gotten an otherwise ordinary man tons of attention. and has people wondering what my hurry is. if you wanna know what a cheap thrill really is, go out and get one of these bad boys...

it has a very jumpy engine that begs you to go all the way to 8000+. easy to clean interior. great amber glow from dash. just the right balance of features and subtlety. light clutch. 6 gears. no limiter at 120. engine loud enough after 6k rpm, you dont need that loud exhaust to hear your car move.

center console. navigation option. get rid of comptech's monopolizing grip on the green list of aftermarket that doesnt void the warranty. the stock tires are trash, not enough grip and terrible in the rain. needs more sound proofing. downshift can become tragic real quickly. power windows wear out.

Type S
By Trader

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Ive put 3600 miles on and have had no problems. This car is so fast, loves to rev. Seems like the car is begging you, "come on push me, ive got plenty more power for you"! The stereo sounds great and who wouldn't love zipping through those 6 gears. Seems like the cockpit was designed just for me. And the sound of that exhaust at high revs, wow. I'm sold on Acura.

Love the dash, the stereo, and that high reving engine. I knew this car was mine after sitting in the cockpit though.

No hatch release from inside. Don't like buying premium fuel right now but that's the price u pay for perfomance.

Great car, great price
By Tom

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Definitely worth the money. Had it for about 2 months now and still can't wait to get in and drive. Im in love with the interior design and the handling. My car only has 850 or so miles on it so I haven't taken it over 4000 revs yet. Haven't seen what this baby can really do. Lovin it so far.

Handling, one of the nicest

The backseat needs to be redone, other than that, no complaints