Used 2005 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RSX Type-S

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (72 reviews )

Great is not perfection
By laurent reze

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It's a super little car. So far very reliable IF you do not mind stiff shifting, average comfort, noises from everywhere and especially from engine over 3500 rpm. It's a small sport car for road and speed lovers!

Little rocket over 3000 rpm (watch out for police) after 2.5 years; reliability cool little orange vehicle (my kid love it) 4 seats and H back (Ok for a tiny sport car)

Suspension (but if you want to drive fun and safe, got to feel the road!). Too many noises from everywhere!!

Great car
By lovetodrive7

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you liked the prelude SI you will love this car. It builds upon and improves on everything that made the prelude (back in its day) fun and special to drive. Great handling in the mountains, fun to drive, and suitable as a daily driver. Engine and 6-spd transmission add to the enjoyment. Much more fun to drive than the Accord EX coupe.

How the car comes together, engine, handling, interior, seating, simply a very well put together car.

A 3rd seatbelt in back would be nice on those rare occasions you need to cram 5 people into it (i.e., wifes minivan in the shop!).

Excellent!!
By dendron

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What a shame Acura has decided to discontinue this model beyond 2006! The RSX -- especially the Type-S -- is major bang for the buck. Grab one before they're gone. I owned a 2002 Type-S, which I loved, until the refinements of the 2005-06 were introduced... then I had to trade. My 2005 is a noticeable improvement over the earlier varsion. A very nice blend of luxury, economy, and performance for under $25K. Several reviewers have complained about the rough ride. This is primarily due to the crappy Michelin touring (M+S) tires Acura shackles this car with from the factory. An upgrade to a set of oversized General UHP summer tires TOTALLY transformed this car for me. BIG difference!

Lilliputian sized leather-wrapped steering wheel, i-VTEC rush @ 6000 RPM, precision handling, decent mileage for a performance vehicle, tasty Bose sound system, comfy and supportive seats, surprisingly roomy cargo area, looks smart, and... it's a blast to drive!

Moot point, they ain't makin' em any more. Bad decision Acura!! It leaves a gaping hole in your lineup, despite the RDX. What about the Integra heritage, man? O.K., so now I have to get a Civic Si. Naw, I'll just keep the RSX and add tuner bits as we go. Watch those tail lights Civic Si!!!!!

Fast Junk
By Time 4 a change

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had a 2002 RSX base that I loved. Then got hit by a red light runner which wasted the car. I went out and bought a 2005 Type S thinking it would be even bette. WRONG! This thing is junk. I've had it in the shop more times that I can remember. The struts have been fixed/replaced at least 5 or 6 times, the moonroof stopped sealing and had to be replaced, I have numerous rattles in the dash and doors. All this started at 750 miles and it now has 10,000 and is still going. I've had to file a lemon law claim as one deal just stopped returning my calls. I have well over 40 days of shop time and I can say that the TL is junk too since I've had it as a loaner car all this time too.

Good acceleration, fast car, fun to run through the gears.

Better seat adjustments, it's just never right, either too far back or too far forward. How about some decent craftsmanship too, thing is a rattle trap. Go with different struts.

sunkist
By sunkist

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i like my car, its fun to drive.

everything, but i really like the color i own the 2005 acura type s BLAZE ORANGE

THE BRAKE SYSTEM to have bembo brakes nd rotors. other then that i'm happy with my car.