Used 2004 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 189 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

After 2 years, still lovin' it
By Vince

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Overall, I love this car. It blends performance along w/ luxury in a very valuable package. Yes, the gearbox is a little finicky at times, but you just have to row thru the gears prior to driving, especially when cold. Yes, my car has many rattles. Ask any owner of a sport compact w/ a very stiff suspension. It's just the nature of the beast. Used to drive this thing 160 miles everyday for work. Road noise gets tiresome and stiff suspension causes backaches, but gets very good MPG. Compared to other cars, may not have the most luxury or features. Honda owner for life.

Overall performance, interior design, hatchback versatility, exterior looks w/ help of JDM body kit.

NAV & MP3 hook-up ability. Better rear suspension setup (fixed by '05 & '06 models). Little better engine performance (fixed by '05 & '06). More aggressive exterior (fixed by '05 & '06 models). Limited Slip Diff. HID headlamps.

Still Happy
By TP

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had a 2004 Type-S for 33,000 miles. I'm completeley happy with it and am only sad that 2006 is the end of the line for the great Integra-RSX. I owned an Integra previously and bought the RSX-Type-S because I like the engineering and the car gets exceptional mileage. It's a little noisy but so what? You have the CD player on anyway, and the Bose sound system is quite good. Better than the Integra's Alpine. This is a gearhead's car, and it's a blast to drive. Too bad it's easy to get tickets! It looks good, especialy in Milano Red, and is nicely put together and exceptionally reliable. Nice job Acura!

Engine, steering, sound system, interior, shrouded headlights and taillights, performance, gas mileage.

More sound deadening.

RSX Fan
By Greg

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I leased my RSX in 2003 as the first Acura I have owned. Knowing their reputation for quality I have been totally pleased with the car. It is so versatile with the hatchback, I have hauled bagged Mulch, Ceramic Tile and just about anything else I needed to carry. It is comfortable on long trips and get great mileage. Apple Tree Acura has been Awesome for service trips too! My only complaint is they are not replacing the RSX with a new version. I am now facing going to a TSX or a Honda brand when my lease is up. Other than that, I love my RSX!

The Hatchback versatilty.

Don't drop the RSX, replace it with a new one.

Few Problems
By Lisa

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car a year tomorrow and have had nothing but problems and Acura cannot figure out what is going on with the car. When taking off from a stop it sometimes does not go and act as though it is going to stall out. The car also races RPMs for no reason. I have had the radio replaced in the car 4 times since I have had it as well. I loved my 92 Integra and decided to upgrade but after this 04 purchase I may have to stick with the 92 or change the make of what I purchase. If Acura could fix the problem instead of throwing their hands up, I may consider buying another Acura in the future. Until then I will stick with the 92.

Love the appearance as well as the speed when the car is not acting up.

Acura fix the problems of the car when it is under warranty. Have XM Radio integrated in the car.

Best car for the money
By Mikey

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Acura RSX !!! I have owned it for about 2 years now and have driven 45k miles with no problems whatsoever. It has good pick up at higher RPM's but lacks torque. The leather interior is much nicer than the standard cloth. With the automatic climate control and the leather seats and my new navigation system (going to be installed this week) this car feels like a luxury vehicle and I only paid 20k for it. Stock stereo system isn't the greatest but car is definitely efficient and fun to drive.

Fuel economy, auto-climate control, leather interior, DOHC VTEC engine, Have gotten as much as 38 MPG with 89 octane, extremely fuel efficient for a car in this market, decent amount of room for a compact hatchback.

Needs more torque, can't feel the power the VTEC unless you hit high RPM's. Other than that WONDERFUL CAR!!! I will never buy anything but Acura again.