Used 2003 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Reliable but rattles are annoying
By SFarchie

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for young people under the age of 30. Older than that you probably would want more comfort and luxury. The car has never failed to start up or have had any mechanical issues. Handles beautifully. Now the bad stuff: the car rattles around the dash and hatch considerably. Multiple visits to the dealership did not rectify this problem. Also, I do not get very good gas mileage. Approx. 25 mpg overall. Another complaint is the cheap leather seating and easy to scratch up interior plastic trimmings. Oh yeah, and the car is loud (tire noise) when driven on the highway.

Reliability. Hatch with the fold down seats gives you plenty of cargo space.

I wish the MPG would be better. Better quality materials for interior. MP3 compatiablity. Larger sunroof.

Have Clutch?
By Johnny Rotten

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This vehicle was the right car for the right price, wanted something with good gas mileage and fun to drive. At 3000 miles the clutch slipped, took it in, couldn't find a problem. At 20,000 miles the clutch was shot, they replaced under a 'good faith' warranty. At 40,000 miles clutch slipped again, couldn't find a problem. At 49,000 miles the second clutch is shot, had to be replaced. Told me it was a wear and tear item and I had to pay for it. $1400 later, I'm getting my one year warranty out of the clutch and then getting rid of it. It likes to go fast, but doesn't like to stop. Brakes need improvement. The Bose sound system could be a lot better. I've heard Bose before, this is no Bose.

I-VTEC! Smooth shifting. Gas mileage, average 26 mpg.

Build better transmissions!!

Wonderful Little Car.
By JDA

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Picked this up used as a 2 year placeholder, and now I'm rethinking the decision - in a good way - as in I might keep it longer than I thought. A great car. Excellent mpg, reliable, quick, handles great (for what it is), well-designed, sporty looking, low-emission vehicle. If you fold those back seats down, you can cram a lot of stuff back there. I feel like I'm late to the party on this model and now it has been discontinued - what a shame. The only negatives - small back seat, and overall the car is really small and light. I worry about safety, especially when I drive my little girl. In sum: if you like to drive curves fast, but you need a commuter, you will like this car.

Interior ergonomics are sensational. Everything in reach and most everything is well-placed. The short-throw shifter. The undertated, non-garish exterior. The twisty road "shredability" factor on the weekend. The "blend into the masses" factor on weekdays. The "kick" of the V-Tech @ 6000 rpm.

RSX is discontinued.

Best Car Ever
By adamco44

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first of many Acura purchases. I love this car. I moved down from a GMC Yukon, and this car is so sharp in the turns with no body roll.

The wheels are great for stock.

It has poor radio reception. Needs some kind of armrest.

A car that doesnt loose its value easily
By Leo

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have posessed this vehicle for more than a year now and all I can says that there isnt anyday that I could tell myself that I dont feel like driving. It has the most amazing pickup which I can always feel as I can see the cars left behind when I take off . Fuel efficient and also the feeling to be the top dog of possessing Acura the higest brand car of Honda

Pickup speed, Fuel Efficient, Sharp looks

None its just too perfect