Used 2002 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 332 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Fun, fun, fun.
By Juan

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, the six speed shifter can get tiring if you are not into shifting all the time. Back seat space is pretty tight, if you have friends over 5'8" tall have them seat up front. Great fuel economy for such a fast car. Acura build means it still feels like new. No problems with it so far.

Fast, fuel efficient, fun to drive.

More back seat space.

Excellent Used Car!
By Mike A.

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a used RSX from a local dealership and I love it. It is an 02 with 40,000 mi, silver w/ black leather. I originaly had my heart set on the Type S, however, they are hard to find thus they demand top dollar. This car is such a good value. The car looks and drives like new. Plus I got a great deal, $13,200 + tax.

Tight handling, sharp looking, awesome interior (sepecially at night), lots of room for a hatch back.

More torque in the lower RPMs.

a fun trip to the redline
By Jeff

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

So far, so good...I purchased this car used and have had a blast with it. Everywhere I research, I hear nothing but good about this car. This is my first 6-speed and I'm lovin' every minute of it. The stereo kicks, teenagers gawk in awe, and not everyone has one like, say, a civic. It's quiet and reserved when I want it to be and screaming hellfire when I don't.

transmission, stereo, rear hatch space, the intense head-turning engine scream at 6000-7900 rpm.

every once in a while it seems impossible to not grind the synchros between 2nd and 3rd even when I think I'm doin' everything right.

Better than a GSR
By Caryn S.

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was planning on buying an older Integra GSR and had driven many of them. I thought the RSX was out of my price range but decided to test drive it anyway. After just a 10 minute test drive I had totally changed my mind. The extra money was worth to spend. The RSX-type S handles better, goes faster, and has it's own unique interior compared to the Integra. Taking this car on back roads is the most thrilling ride. It rides like rails around those sharp turns and with the new seats for the RSX you stay right in your seat. It's like it hugs you in your seat. The power is incredible and I love the sound of hitting that V-Tec. For the money you pay for this car it's definitely worth every cent!

Suspension, seats, organization of the interior.

This car is lacking a middle console which would be nice as an arm rest. It also doesn't have the window up option if you have already turned off your car.

Great Car!!
By Dominic Alexander

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car!!My first Honda product!! Good gas mileage w/ gas prices being so high. Love the leather interior, climate control, the sports shift is a lot of fun

everything!