Used 2002 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 332 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Loved it
By gunmetalalloys

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Comfortable and well designed interior (except for cupholder placement in front of shifter, though I've seen a lot worse). Beautiful inside/out. Had problem with shifting into 2nd, and everytime I had the dealer fix it the problem moved up a gear. Gave up when it got to 4th as ratios were tall enough it was rarely a problem anymore. Fairly neutral handling but beefened up rear sway bar made it better. Cold air intake helped power immensely for cheap, and engine torque dampener helped with traction. Good quality of materials and fit/finish except for the vinyl thigh support for seats. Loved the hatch - a very useful and fun car!

Styling - it's a cop magnet and in a way I'm glad it's gone as I no longer get followed home. Quality and comfort was good. Performance more than adequate. Hatchback design is so useful I wish more cars in this segment were hatches. Quality of audio.

Too late now but... audio should be MP3. More bass. LSD and/or traction control. Side mirrors leak water leaving a streak after washing and drying. Please bring it back!!

Best Decision I've Ever Made in a Car
By AcuraGirl

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 70,000 on my 2002 RSX and I loved driving every mile that is on it. The looks of the car are sleek, stylish, and so much fun! Even though my car is already 5 years old, it doesn't look it. I love the smooth shifting and the roomy trunk especially when the seats are down (I moved half of my dorm room with it!). The only problem I had was with the motor on the passenger door lock and with the passenger side airbag which they fixed right away. It handled excellent when a light pole fell in front of me on the freeway and I ran right over it without swerving an inch. I hit a semi-truck tire that blew out in front of me too and it didn't do very much damage to my car either.

This car is very safe and reliable. I love the looks of it inside and out. Great dash and console features. I love the sport-shifter.

It rides kind of rough for an Acura.

RSX
By Raymond Young

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second RSX that I bought in 2002. The first one my wife hit a parked car doing 60 mph; she walked away with only a broken pair of glasses (the air bag). We bought the second RSX exactly like the first. It is fun the drive and we have had zero problems.

The styling and safety features are top of the line for the price.

I understand that Acura is going to stop production at the end of 2006. What will I do for my next new car?

The Perfect Car (toy)!
By Brian

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was originally looking at an Eclipse GT-S, but after test driving it, it was as boring as a Buick. The Celica GTS and Prelude just didn't do it for me either. But the moment you sit in an RSX Type S, it fits like a perfect glove. It moves forward effortlessly, and is a ton of fun to drive. I like the cockpit, the seats, the styling, the firepepper red exterior - it's all good! You can tell it was meant to be a unique experience by design. It feels like everyone on the road is just too slow when you are behind the wheel of that bad boy. The "new car novelty" never wears off. I want to be buried in this car.

The torque explosion at 6,000 rpms is great, and you can't beat the scream of the engine. The red lighting is pretty cool too. I am the 3rd owner and it feels like a brand new car.

The only thing I wish for was better base from the Bose stereo. The baby sub on the spare tire just isn't powerful enough.

RSX-S, Great commuter
By brian

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I started with a Subaru Impreza AWD, so the transition to the RSX-S was pretty easy. The RSX-S has a nice stiff stock suspension, and great handling; it almost feels like it has AWD. With a couple small mods(cold air intake, racing exhaust) the car has a noticeable difference in acceleration. It's a lot of fun to drive, and has a sleek design.A++

Leather racing seats "hug" you as you hug the turns. Plenty of room in the front..I'm 6' 220lbs. Nice acceleration. 6 speed. Bose sound system

"Mids and highs, but no lows, that's bose" It needs a sub for any kind of R&R Rap, anything. Get a sub! Also, being 6' tall, there is no room in the back for passengers. More horsepower out of the factory would greatly improve the car. The 02'- 05' has like 190 or 195hp stock