Used 2002 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Excellent car for the money
By Nate

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 5 speed Acura last week in desert silver metallic for $10,300 w/42,000 miles on it. For being six years old this car is very stylish. I am a 20 year old just out of college. I needed a car for under $11,000 that looked good and got good gas mileage. The moment I drove the Acura I knew it was it. I was previously looking at wrxs' and eclipses' but this beats them both as far as the money to quality ratio is concerned. One word EXCELLENT!

So far I am averaging 34 mpg. I drive all highway at 60 mph w/ a little town mixed in. Can you beat that? Oh yeah and the looks are great. I also love the loud whine of the reverse gear (manual tranny only).

I love the back end but am not so crazy about the front. Lots of little rattles. Bigger wheels would be nice... but I'm nitpicking, THIS IS AN AWESOME CAR!

Great car - In love with it
By Sid Arora

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002. This car has been my first sports car right from the dealership. I loved it on the first day and still have admiration for it. Car has cute reddish dash board that's eye pleasing. Secondly car has been extremely reliable. The car currently has 93000k miles and only changes I have done is brake jobs, tires, emission issue. At 93000 car still feels like new with same amount of acceleration as it was new.

Beautiful dashboard, reliable, good horsepower, stylish

Emission issue (check engine light) cost me 2 grand. Acura could have done better job with catalytic converter on this car. Little more power at lower rpm

After 130,000 miles
By sjava

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have more than 130,000 miles on this car. I lowered my car with aftermarket coilover. All the problems I got are associated with the suspension. Other than that I had zero problem. I'm getting 29-30 mpg on 80% hwy and 20%city. I love the fact that this car looks like a coupe but it's a hatchback. The hatchback provides so much utilities, you'll be surprised. One time I picked up a 52" LCD TV and the store employee said no way I can load it to my car but I did. There is no other car that provides so much fun, utilities and 30 mpg.

Hatchback, regular fuel & steering wheel.

Lowered ride in stock. They did just that for 2004 models.

Best Decision I've Ever Made in a Car
By AcuraGirl

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 70,000 on my 2002 RSX and I loved driving every mile that is on it. The looks of the car are sleek, stylish, and so much fun! Even though my car is already 5 years old, it doesn't look it. I love the smooth shifting and the roomy trunk especially when the seats are down (I moved half of my dorm room with it!). The only problem I had was with the motor on the passenger door lock and with the passenger side airbag which they fixed right away. It handled excellent when a light pole fell in front of me on the freeway and I ran right over it without swerving an inch. I hit a semi-truck tire that blew out in front of me too and it didn't do very much damage to my car either.

This car is very safe and reliable. I love the looks of it inside and out. Great dash and console features. I love the sport-shifter.

It rides kind of rough for an Acura.

RSX
By Raymond Young

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second RSX that I bought in 2002. The first one my wife hit a parked car doing 60 mph; she walked away with only a broken pair of glasses (the air bag). We bought the second RSX exactly like the first. It is fun the drive and we have had zero problems.

The styling and safety features are top of the line for the price.

I understand that Acura is going to stop production at the end of 2006. What will I do for my next new car?