2018 Acura RLX Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Acura RLX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RLX model:

Lousy electronics
By Paul Montana

2018 Acura RLX P-AWS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

The electronics on this car are awful. Ask it for directions and it tells you today's date. Imports my address book from iPhone in a jumbled mess. Ask it to dial number and it dials someone else. Cannot control my iPhone music with info system. Called Acura and they said "You can if you pay us $154 a year". Are you kidding me? Why not Apple Play like Honda Civic? Paid too much for this car for third class info entertainment system.

Great value car - great safety features standard
By Brian W Wiatrek

2018 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

I was looking for a car that would provide some relief to a 52 mile round trip daily commute to work on very congested interstate (I-35 in Texas). I wanted a car that had good performance, fuel economy, and semi-autonomous driving features. I looked at BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac, and Acura. I choose the Acura RLX Hybrid because of Traffic Jam Assist, good fuel economy, and fantastic acceleration. I have had the car two months and have put on over 3,000 miles in that time. So far, I average 30 mpg. Occasionally, I put the car in Sport mode, but I usually leave it in the standard drive mode. In both modes, the car has very good acceleration; however, if you want the best acceleration put it in Sport mode. I use Traffic Jam Assist daily. It works best if you get in a freeway lane that does not have a lot of cars trying to merge in. The system sometimes is slow to respond to a car that darts in front of you. I have used the TJA to drive all the way from south Austin to north San Antonio and had to take control only once or twice. I highly recommend this car. I recommend that you ensure you are ok with the infotainment system and that you are fine with the small trunk before you buy.

Liked the 2014 model and this is even better
By David

Entertainment system may not be intuitive or showy but it works really well when you get used to it and the sound is awesome! Same for navigation - not showy but it does the job. The driving aids (lane keeping etc.) and ride are outstanding, and it is fast when you want it to be. Excellent value but I bought it because I liked it better than the Audi S5 I was considering. Great car for mid-west mixed driving. Way under-rated model.

Like driving an NSX
By Hobart

The 2018 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid feels like driving an NSX supercar. The hybrid gas / electric all wheel drive system offers an incredible combination of performance, traction and economy. It’s impressive and exciting to drive. Goes in snow like nothing else you’ve driven.

Gas mileage can get well into the 30s. Even though it sips Gas, it will still come out of the hole like crazy with tons of horsepower and torque. Super quiet, super fun.