Used 2007 Acura RL Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura RL

View reviews for a specific RL model:

Mediocrity and excellence in one car
By Gasman

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hmm. Where to start... I bought my dealer demo with 5K miles. The driver's door shuts on me on entering and exiting the car--on level ground. The key fob works when it feels like it (I am told it's in how I hold it). My wife and I use the car and it has trouble with the seat memory settings. I had to take the car in to get a fender realigned, though I did not have an accident. The doors are very tinny sounding-- especially when you release the handles. It is not powerful from the start and you have to gun the engine to get the torque up to sufficient levels. But it's not all bad, the ride is nice, the interior is all of excellent quality, and the seating is comfy.

Ride, seating, keyless/buttonless entry, backup camera.

It's a bit of a gas hog and should be priced more in the $40K range.

Better then Lexus
By alivenwell

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove all the usual suspects and actually bought a Lexus GS300 AWD and had to take it back because of transmission issues. So glad I did. An 07 RL came up for sale in my area and I jumped on it. Absolutely love this car. Got rid of a Tahoe and wanted AWD for my wife. Interior quality is better then the GS, Engine is better then the GS, Interior room is better then the GS, AWD is better then the GS, Exterior is not as pretty as the GS, but considering the RL was the same price for a year newer, same mileage, and more feats it was an no brainer. Just wish the Navi was available. This was literally the only RL available in a metro area of 2 million people. That has to say something!

Seats, Interior, Wife loves the rear and window shades for our daughter, Acura reliability, Bose Stereo so much better then the Bose from the Tahoe.

Wish I had the Navi. Cooled seats. Don't tease me with a Navigation DVD- Rom in Trunk when I don't have Navi Headunit.

After one year
By stuart

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had for 1 year, 14,000 miles. Excellent fuel economy 27-30 on all highway. No mechanical problems. My wife would like an adjustable passenger seat, seating position too low. Fit and finish second to none. RL has plenty of power I use it often on steep hills. I like the styling much more than the 09 grille has a richer more elegant look than the 09. Handling is great in high speed situations, far superior to the TL. I like the exterior design, quite understated, however I do see the point of someone saying it looks too much like a Honda. I understand the 2011 will be a totally new car. Acura/Honda really does want to compete with the best from Lexus. After all is said and done would I buy it again... for sure.

Fuel economy, fit and finish, reliability, understated looks, superior electronics.

Height adjustable passenger seat, push button start.

2007 Acura RL
By Bill Fischer

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been an excellent purchase and both my wife and I are very pleased with the car. My only comment is that I feel the passenger seat should have the same power features as the drivers side - i.e., the seat is too low for my wife.

Beautiful paint. Ours is white pearl.

The passenger seat should have the same power features as the driver's side as my wife finds the seat too low.

Legendary Honda Quality
By onenarrow

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far I have owned the car for a couple of months and do not regret the purchase at all. I bought it for safety primarily but realized that it also has the legendary Honda quality. The details of this car are incredible, better than the German cars and value wise by 15 K at least also. The car feels like a tank but has the power to go when needed,. This car has near 300hp and you feel every horse! The AWD is incredible, it would take a bulldozer to take it off course.

AWD, adaptive lights, navi, electronics are incredible, styling is sleek and practical, tire size provides stability, safety features are plentiful and seldom found in other cars as a complete package, parts are very reasonable, LED and other cabin lighting is great, drive is solid, fun to drive!

Mud guards should come standard, floor mats seem very light and cheap which is surprising for the money.