Used 2005 Acura RL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 238 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RL Sedan

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (238 reviews )

Best Car Yet at age 65; well, really 66
By Jerome Ney

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 3 Mercedes; 1 BMW; 1 Audi and this is the best. I enjoy the performance and great features. I also enjoy the top quality without drawing as much attention as one does with the higher profile cars above.

Great Navigation system and a super radio. I also like the acceleration and steering.

Car needs better city mileage; slightly more back seat leg room and definitely more trunk room. I also find the transmission a little jerky at low speeds.

Undervalued
By rhorne1

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven this brand for 6 years with excellent reliability. I rate this vehilcle fully capaple of holding it's own. The RL adds style and the right package of "standard equipment" that meets your needs. The power from the high perf. V6 is awesome with respectable MPG. Clearly undervalued in my book. Enjoy yours!

Ease of managing the multitude of electronic features; Blue-tooth, Real- Time traffic, Nav-system, and audio.

Voice commands are sometime difficult unless operator uses "exact terminology". Also, Navigation screen is hard to see in bright sunlight

GREAT VALUE
By harvey

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previosly owned an Infiniti and while I enjoyed that car for the price you just can't beat the RL. Very good ride quality and everything is standard including On Star and GPS. By comparison I would have had to spend $8,000 more for an M35 with the same equipment and not get On Star which is something I wanted ever since my wife has had it in her Mercedes. Everyone who has driven with me comments on the beautifull interior. I just wish the back seat had a little more room. No problems at all. When you compare features to features with other cars, it's a no brainer. hb

GPS, On Star, All wheel drive, Interior

Voice commands need tweaking. A little more room in rear seat.

Gets it Done
By bbyrone

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Probably the best riding car I've ever owned.

This product has the most extensive package of standard advanced tech offered in the industry.

Larger trunk wouold be nice. But I spend so little time in there.

Best value in its class
By RL in Chicago

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Coming from a 1997 Mercedes E420, the Acura RL is a "downgrade" from a V8, but it's an upgrade in every other way. I was sick of the repair bills on the Benz ($500 to fix a outside mirror motor!), and so far, the RL has been without fault. I miss the torque of a V8, but I appreciate the improved fuel-economy, and for 90% of driving, the RL has plenty of power. However, if they had offered a larger version of this car with a V8, I would have bought that. One of the biggest reasons I bought this car is price. I paid $44,100 for it, before taxes, which is a bargin for all the content the RL includes as standard. With the same features, BMW, Mercedes, and even Lexus are much more $$$.

SH-AWD is excellent, stereo is near- flawless, navigation is easy to use, and the real-time traffic is helpful here in Chicago. Build-quality is faultless, and the car has had 13,000 trouble-free miles so far... Dealer has been great as well.

slightly larger backseat, more torque, and I wish I could close the windows with the remote like I could on my 1997 Mercedes E420.