Used 2005 Acura RL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 238 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RL Sedan

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (238 reviews )

I'm lovin' it
By richard m

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I use my RL for my short commute to work, and taking the family around the town, it's just terrific. It has every feature that I need, and a lot I will never use. The 6 cylinder engine puts out more than ample power. This is a great car and i would recommend it to anyone who can afford its steep price.

Standard navigation, standard sunroof/leather, standard side and rear sunshades, xenon headlamps

The wheels are nice, but could be a little flashier

Acura RL
By Acura RL

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to be pampered, this is the car to purchase. Though not short in performance, its strength is its smooth effortless ride and its on board technology. Best navigation package in the market with a full compliment of voice activated systems.

Navigation System Voice activation Audio system Cabin layout

Needs a little more kick in acceleration

mckay's toy
By ????

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just love my car. I have driven others and owned other more expensive cars and none came close to the overall pleasure I get from my rl. I love all the instrumentations and all the extras that come standard with this car. It is the best I have ever had. I like it even better than my corvette.

needs better gas mileage

love the car
By john smith

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Comfort on the road is outstanding. Visuals as far as instrument panel are perfect. Room in back seat is outstanding. Also love the gps and the voice activation system. Also the best sound system i've heard, better than my 430 mzb.

gps, xm stero, keyless entry system. trunk space is great and the car's styling is great.

I'm having a problem with the power outlets. they don't seem to work with my verizon power cord, and my laptop. it is very frustrating when I can't charge my phone or laptop. I wish AMH would get their act together and correct the problem.

Love the 05 RL
By mebanedog

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have now owned new Acura RL for one week. LOVE this car. The V6 is quicker than I thought it would be - it really flies, albeit not as pulse- raising as a BMW or Audi. LOVE the tiptronic - can really zoom in low gear. Have averaged 22.5 mpg in mixed suburban/highway driving. The ergonomics are spectacular. Absolutely the best overall VALUE in its class, no question.