Used 2000 Acura RL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Acura RL Sedan

3.5 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (40 reviews )

Love the RL
By NC Acura Owner

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

Just purchased this car with 100,000 miles on it. Love this body style and this car was extremely hard to find. I plan on driving it for several years. For those who have an RL with less miles, let me put your mind at ease that with 100,000 miles, the car is still top of the line.

Body style (just plain sexy), interior design.

Cup holder placement.

I Love these Acuras
By Loves Acuras

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I used to have a 1991 Legend and decided to replace it. It was a great decision. This car is well worth the money. It is the not the best on the gas but not worse than any other car in this class.

Love the sound system, the quite ride and the navigation system

I cannot think of any.

Best used car for price on market
By Ron

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

The Acura RL is an outstanding used car. You'll usually find these it top shape as the owners take care of them and the car is really built well. I had no problems ever. And, most of the Acura dealers are really professional.I had to sell due to too many vehicles but it was a very hard decision to let it go.

everything on this car always worked. Smooth, fast, good on highway, great radio.

None- sad to see the new ones have been downsized.

I love this car
By Clarence

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year ago with 26000 miles on it. I have a 120 mile round trip commute to work and wanted something a little more comfortable than the Acura Integra I had (loved that car too and had no problems ever). I live in the DC metro area and you need to be able to get into traffic on the beltways and highways fast. This car has the power to do it. The comfort is nicer that some of the Mercedes I've been in and when I test drove the Acura it was up against a Volvo and a Lexus. The Acura won hands down. There was no contest. My only complaint so far was a $650 repair bill for replacing the motor of a rear window. The parts were almost $400. Seems just a little excessive.

The comfort and interior is elegant and understated but top notch. When I need to floor it to get off a ramp onto the highway it never lets me down. Unfortunately it rides so smooth and quiet that I've been pulled over for speeding twice in the last year. I really didn't realize I was going so fast.

Stupid cup holder design. Sun glasses holder is way too small for most sunglasses. Better gas mileage would be helpful. Fold down back seats for large items to fit thru the trunk. The little ski opening is worthless for most of us. Other than that this car is near perfect

Good Performance and Quality
By X5ONIT

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

Got this car from soon to be ex wife. I
traded my 740iL for the RL. I like the
RL better overall due to number of
features. The BMW was more bullet proof
but the RL is solid also and will last
longer. Navigation system is great and
it's fully loaded. V6 power is actually
suprisingly good. Love the car.

Navigation, Heated Seats and outside mirrors. Looks good too.

AWD, more power. 2005 RL takes care of this. More seat adjustments.