Used 2014 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Spittin Fur
By carl hefner

2014 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The RDX just glides two wheel drive is just fine. Better gas mileage and a better feel. Tech package is worth it! Got a zoom.

2 years later...
By Ben Camposano

2014 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this 2014 RDX AWD Base. Doing comparisons with the CR-V, RAV4, and a Forester XT, RDX had the most bang for the buck as you'd have to load up the former cars in order to match the RDX, but with less power and ride quality. But it wasn't all paradise for me when I had 4 instances of transmission slippage during Jan. 2016. Long-story short, the transmission had to be replaced due to the problem actually happening to the mechanic when he test-drove the vehicle. Also, Reno Acura did their due diligence by also warranty-replacing the rear shocks due to thumping noise that comes from the rear. Now, I bought this car since I heard/read so many reviews of their reliability. As a working student, I need this car to get me through a 1.5-hour round-trip commute to the university, and was quite disappointed to learn of the defects. Repairs aside, I'm now questioning my decision to purchase this vehicle. I'm hoping that it'll get me through college before things really fall apart, and then trade it in promptly.

For any of you experiencing problems, do your due diligence by documenting the problem.

farm wife's truck
By mp

2014 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

THis car is one of the best I have driven. I have had Mercedes, and Lexus. My Acura is s mudder, and a snow machine. It is convenient to haul everything from grain to kids. The awd is super, and handles all weather. Also is a nice dress up car for church.
One thing...........terrible connections for my iphone. You have to have a flashlight to find the charger.
I would buy another rdx.

Mine must be the exception, but I doubt it!
By lo55

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Reading through the reviews I see things I've never experienced in 18 months/19+K miles. Low right seat position mandated by feds stupid regs. No brake noise, no chemical odor, no problem with bluetooth, no tranny noise, etc, etc.. Was skeptical of lack of rear AC vents. Florida resident with only AC complaint from rear seat being 'it's too cold back here'. Only down side is NOT fault of car or Acura. It's the moronic regs that limit the use of certain navi functions. The feds must think it's safer to hold your cell navi with one hand while driving with the other...go figure!

Bad Smell coming out of AC vents
By njjan

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am wondering if anyone else had this issue where there is a chemical smell emitting from the vents. It doesn't happen everyday, could happen 10 times a day and not happen for a week. I am concerned as to what the health aspects are. I also smelled it in a loaner car that happen to be a 2014 RDX also.

I happen to be a repeat customer of the Acura and this is my 2nd RDX.

Service is great at the dealership it drives like a car but is a crossover

adjustments on the front passenger side I never sit there and when I did I felt like I was sitting on the floor