2013 Acura RDX Consumer Review: Extremely Comfortable, Storage

2013 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Extremely Comfortable, Storage Could Improve
By briansmi on

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2013 RDX for a year and a half and have 14,000 miles on it. This is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. On long trips I can be in the car for 4-5 hours and not be stiff.
The gas millage is very good for the size of the vehicle. The VCE goes from 6 to 3 on the freeway allowing for good millage on longer hauls. If I went 60-65, I could pull 29 MPG on standard hauls (no major mountains). City/Highway combo I get 22-24.
The biggest issue I have is the poor design of the storage space in the back. When you drop the rear seats they do not lie flat which greatly decreases your ability to load the back. It creates a slant upward which makes it difficult to stack items. Given the rest of how well the rest of the vehicle is laid out, I'm not sure why Acura engineers did such a bad job when considering how to get the most out of the back. I believe this vehicle is the smallest in square footage of storage and this is the primary reason why.
*UPDATE I have had a problem with annoyingly squeaky brakes on this car in the past few months. Their is an Acura service bulletin telling dealers to replace the front pads to get rid of this. If you do a Google search you can find it. If you own one and your dealing with this take it to the dealer and have them replace the pads, should be free of charge.

Very comfortable and quiet. Great visibility. Excellent back up camera. Nice hook up and storage of electronic devices. Large back seat, plenty of leg room and also very comfortable.

Horrible storage space. If your a family of four, be aware of this as the back is very small for storage. One of the major issues is the backseats do not lye completely flat when you fold them down. You lose potential storage because of the tilt of the seats. I had to by a rack for the top to be able to carry camping gear for just 2 of us. As far as style the dash and console look more like that of a $20K car not a $35K car. They could improve greatly on the style and quality look of the driver area. If you really want an Acura, wait if you can and see what 2015 brings since there was no change in 2014.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review