Used 2013 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Well-engineered luxury vehicle
By clinicianph

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A well-thought engineered vehicle your money can buy for a luxurious wants that depreciates. Ride is comfortable and quiet. Handling is responsive and well-behaved. Powertrain and controls are conservative, characteristics of timeless approach in design and execution of a good product. It burns regular or premium, coupled with just the size and weight, cleverly at lower consumption than other vehicles without adverse ills. Interior and exterior look and feel are modern and eye catching to the weak human will. Center display is positioned safely allowing quick glances, without touchscreen that can distract you to overreach.

Spacious interior. Well-proportioned aesthetics. Superb equalized sound system. Traditional map-style navigation. GPS-enhanced climate control. Maintenance minder. Electric steering and throttle coupled with stability and traction controls. Hill-assist. Intelligent AWD. Cabin, engine mount and chassis noise reduction system. Wide-angle back-up camera. Side mirror backup assist.

Pin-point, swiveling, dimmable overhead reading LED lights. Tighter quality control in assembly line and testing.

Impressive,very impressive
By vegasmurano

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying I have owned over 80 cars (yes, but my insanity is another subject),and can easily afford ANY car I choose. This SUV blew me away by how nice it is for the price you pay. As like other reviewers, I looked at X3,Q5,Evoque,SRX and a few others. Feature for feature the RDX was $6k to $14k less and it drives smoother on the road than most of them. Handling is certainly not as sporty then many, but much smoother and more refined. And surprisingly in straight line acceleration it is as quick or quicker than my Acura TL-SH AWD and all of the trucks listed above (assuming the base engines).FYI I also currently own a BMW X3....

Refined ride and comfort, quiet interior at any speed, acceleration of a sports car, gas consumption. Tech package (once I figure it all out).Fit and finish is spectacular. Easy to buy....Acura unlike BMW does not charge extra for ANYTHING except the optional tech package.BMW charges for EVERYTHING, even different paint colors and the most basic options. Reliability.Tires are the best on the market......Also Won top award for future projected resale.

No storage space AT ALL for my jumper cables, tire chains or ice scraper. Passenger seat does not adjust up or down (plain stupid). Some interior parts are definitely not the quality of the Acura TL, like the glove box door, center console and door panels.16 gallon tank is just stupid, should be 18 gallon +. More adjustability on BOTH power seats. Rear seats don't recline.

A step down
By newro

2013 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 6 Acura's and have come to expect a certain level of quality from them. My last one before the RDX was a '10 TL. Although I was not crazy about the styling, the car flew, handled well and the interior had a style to it. I have had the RDX for about 2 weeks now and the over riding feeling that I get is that it looks and feels cheap inside. Plastic all the way through, even the sun visors feel thin. The blue tooth is a giant step backwards from what I had in the TL, it makes zero sense. I got this car for my wife to negotiate the snow in the NE because the TL was not very good. I looked at the Murano and honestly, it is a nicer car inside.

AWD

Blue Tooth, a better looking interior

I love my RDX.
By hondacom

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 RDX three months ago. I downsized from a full size truck to this SUV. I wanted one a few years ago but decided to wait for the V6 engine. It uses about 30% less fuel than my truck did. I do most of my driving in the city and the shorter wheelbase makes maneuvering in traffic and parking easy. This vehicle fits me like a glove.

The silky smooth V6, superb brakes and the AWD feature. Awesome sound system with the Tech package.

Something to prevent the slush and ice from building up at the bottom of the doors. Longer mud guards might help.

Very happy but would like more options
By sbrows

2013 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2007 MDX for the RDX for the better gas mileage. We have had the RDX for 3 months and are very happy with the gas mileage. We are averaging about 23 to 26 miles per gallon with mixed highway and city driving.
The RDX has plenty of pick up and drives very smoothly but still sporty. My husband likes it so much that he is now driving it and has left me with his BMW five series because he finds the RDX so much more comfortable (he's 6'1" and there's plenty of leg and head room)
We have not experienced any of the other negative ride quality issues that other reviewers have complained of.

Real-time traffic is really helpful. I am also enjoying all of the hands-free features. Even though our MDX offered them, it seems easier to use. I also really like the extra storage compartments in the front console - it is a great place for the cell phone charger and other miscellaneous items with easy access. Since my husband has taken over this car, I will probably trade in his BMW for the new MDX when it comes out.

Acura needs to add one more option package with more luxury features for this vehicle. For example, this car does not have automatic steering wheel adjustments. It is a lever that requires manual adjusting. I would also appreciate the option of a heated steering wheel and wood accents on the interior and rear ventilation controls. The navigation system does require a few more steps than the old system, however, I have not found it to be overly cumbersome.