Used 2013 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Acura RDX

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Love it!
By lisas55

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my RDX one month, averaging 25.5 MPG in mixed driving.
Very comfortable, nice interior.
Good for taller folks - we are both over 5'10'.
Great value - cost 6K less than
than a comparatively equipped Volvo S60 - which is the other car I looked at - and the gas mileage is much better.
I got over 30MPG on the highway.
And you never know when the active cylinder management system is in use - it's smooth and seamless.

Nice interior, easy to use controls, fits 4 adults comfortably, and great gas mileage.

Ride can be a little choppy over bumpy roads.

Acura does not belong
By mgtu273

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am the owner of RDX for six month and I am quite disappointed. Reading other reviews seems like I am driving a different car and I'd like to share my view to help future buyers understand what they are buying. In one sentence: Acura does not belong to the club of Audi, BMW, Lexus or Mercedes, do not compare RDX to Q5, X3 and do not read reviews that attempt to do so.

Main complain: whoever designed this car never drove in it. I've bought top of the line model and it is missing basic features that come free in Toyota.

- No washer reservoir sensor. The reservoir is tiny and runs out of water quite fast. Canadian version of RDX has the sensor, American does not. - No parking assist. There is a rear view camera but installed in a way that water drips over it and unusable during the rain, when you most need it. - No rain sensing wipers. Speed sensing wipers is just nonsense. - No adaptive cruise control. Damn cruise control is not usable in traffic. - Side view mirrors do not dim and are not tinted. Major annoyance when driving at night. - Car is quite noisy, at 65 wind noise is annoying. Engine noise is well suppressed but wind noise is never constant and fluctuates in volumes.

Very good initial impressions
By aidano2

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's comfortable, fast, and has a good amount of room in the front and rear. Also has nice simple, but solid, cabin features. It's very good in pretty much every area -- which almost makes it feel a little boring to talk about.

The acceleration: 0-60mph in just over 6 seconds is great for a vehicle like this. Nothing much else in particular stands out - mainly because it's very good in all areas.

I hear an odd droning noise from the drive train when I'm coasting at around 30 MPH, which is a little irritating once you notice it. Visually there is too much space between the wheel and the wheel arches, and generally I would like it to look a little more aggressive; it's a little too Lexus-ey. Sometimes the Bluetooth streaming doesn't quite do what I expect with my iPhone 5, for example firing up the music player instead of resuming my podcast. Hard to pin down if this is an Acura or Apple problem, but hopefully the fix will be provided by a software update by one or the other.

Awesome SUV, But Missing Luxury Brand Minimum Features
By even_further

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great SUV and a winner in the market place. But being an Acura its missing minimum luxury features; mid/upper vents for rear passengers, LED tail lights, blind spot monitoring. The guts are a smash hit; motor, size, AWD, cargo space, 6 speed trans.

Nothing sticks out for "favorite feature". I would have to say cargo space, and cargo seat levers.

Tint film or no tint on the rear passenger windows. Tint matching this SUV is difficult to achieve both good looks (matching) and high heat rejection. I wish they left the rear passenger window alone. Height adjustment for the front passenger seat, LED tail lights (big mis step here, brings the Acura brand backwards), mid rear console vents for rear passengers, add blind spot monitoring.

RDX - Get what you expect
By cerebus1

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2013 RDX for about 6 months now.
You're going to get what you expect from an Acura ... good performance and reliability.
I'm getting about 18mpg, less then I expected ... but no highway driving.
Last month my wife spent more and got herself a 2013 Volvo XC60.
I'm jealous ... wish I'd spent a little more and got the Volvo also.

Performance and reliability.