Used 2013 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Acura RDX

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Extremely Comfortable, Storage Could Improve
By briansmi

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2013 RDX for a year and a half and have 14,000 miles on it. This is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. On long trips I can be in the car for 4-5 hours and not be stiff.
The gas millage is very good for the size of the vehicle. The VCE goes from 6 to 3 on the freeway allowing for good millage on longer hauls. If I went 60-65, I could pull 29 MPG on standard hauls (no major mountains). City/Highway combo I get 22-24.
The biggest issue I have is the poor design of the storage space in the back. When you drop the rear seats they do not lie flat which greatly decreases your ability to load the back. It creates a slant upward which makes it difficult to stack items. Given the rest of how well the rest of the vehicle is laid out, I'm not sure why Acura engineers did such a bad job when considering how to get the most out of the back. I believe this vehicle is the smallest in square footage of storage and this is the primary reason why.
*UPDATE I have had a problem with annoyingly squeaky brakes on this car in the past few months. Their is an Acura service bulletin telling dealers to replace the front pads to get rid of this. If you do a Google search you can find it. If you own one and your dealing with this take it to the dealer and have them replace the pads, should be free of charge.

If I had known then what I know now
By tnuzzi1

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my RDX for 1 year and 19,000 miles.
After the first few months of owning it i noticed a vibration between 2nd and 3rd gear and 4th and 5th gear.
I brought the car to the dealer and had a technician ride with me so I could point it out.
The vibration, the dealer stated, is due to the deactivation of cylinders and that it is minor with no fix.
This is not minor when you spend many hours driving.
A vehicle that is considered a "luxury" suv should not be vibrating.
The gas mileage is not as stated.
I average around 19mpg.
I drive about 50/50 highway/town.
The dealer replaced my bluetooth mic but that did not improve.
I can hear fine, people have a hard time understanding me.

As a follow up to this review. I sold my RDX, couldn't stand it!

Well rounded car, Navigation is substandard
By rjxg

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving my RDX AWD w/Tech for 7 month now and really like the car.
Plenty of power and I find it to be a great value for the cost.
My only issue with the car is the poor quality of the navigation system.
It is like using DOS commands on a PC.
A million things to remember and it take 5 minute to enter an address.
I am shocked Acura put it out there for use like this.
Otherwise the car is good but it is hard to overlook a Navi system so frustrating I don't even us it unless I have no other choice.

Power, reliability, smooth ride

Start over from scratch with a new navigation system.

Review update
By vegasmurano

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 8 months or so with my RDX AWD tech these are my thoughts.
My gas mileage stinks, I am averaging about 19 all around . But to be fair I live and work on Las Vegas BLVD and the traffic and amount of traffic lights are insane.
No storage for my jumper cables or any cubbies to hide stuff.
Gas tank way too small, needs another 2 or 3 gallons in size.
Navi works good but it takes 5 minutes to tell the navi what to do, and it does not understand street names and you need to repeat it 5 or 6 times quite often.
Cornering is no BMW but it is much smoother riding but still competent.
Acceleration is amazing, but it will empty your tank fast if you enjoy it.

Acceleration is amazing Comfort Ride quality Looks Quality Tire quality Quiet cabin Material quality Paint quality Leg room front AND back Really pleased and would for sure buy again without any regrets.

No storage cubbies in back Lame city gas mileage No rear A/C or rear seat tilt. Needs more adjustability for driver seat. Bigger gas tank. Navigation does not understand many St names. Passenger seat can not go up and down. Tech pkg should include blind spot warning and other safety features.

Tech package not worth it
By vjd2211

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice, elegant car but looks like suffering from cost-cutting. At 3k miles battery went (luxury car with low cost battery) - the GPS needs redesign, it looks and feels obsolete and the voice recognition does not work well - Bluetooth low voice quality.
Ride excellent - engine, tranny ok after 8k miles.

Interior and exterior design, mileage

re-design tech package