Used 2009 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

compares to other luxury vehicles
By ronispeech

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We have driven Lexus, BMW, Jeep and Infinity SUV'S and have been most impressed with our Acura RDX!!
This SUV handles beautifully and we have only required scheduled maintenance for oil changes.
We plan on purchasing/leasing a second RDX this spring.

Seat design and comfort!!!

Heated steering wheel

Love this car
By Lindsey

2009 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm really enjoying this SUV! I really love the size and room it has on the inside! The only problems that I've had are the speakers, I blew three of them! And I have no idea how! This car is fun to drive and everyone that rides in this car loves it! I looked at many SUV's before purchasing this one! This one was by far the best! Perfect size and not a lot of people have this car! SO you wont have the same car as everyone else!

great car fun to drive! Great size and love the turbo

Navigation is not great and speaker system could be better! They could of put vents in the backseat!

Know what you're buying
By Nick

2009 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We wanted a AWD vehicle to travel in winter to Northern NV and Sierra Nevada mtns. We wanted a small SUV. We loved the CR-V but it was a Dog (4 Cyl.) and the Rav4 was stylish 10 years ago, so we checked out the RDX. It has impressive quickness & handling and it's really fun to drive. What we didn't expect is the gas mileage. We have only gotten 17 mpg in town once and highway isn't much over 20. On long trips be prepared to gas up frequently (and always with premium). Overall I really like the SUV and the fact that the turbo doesn't lose power with elevation. Know what your buying -an AWD SUV w/ a turbo- and accept that you won't get great mileage.

Sound system is great. Clean exterior styling. Handling is much better than any other small SUV we drove and acceleration makes it feel more like a sports car. No rattles shakes or other integrity problems so far. Dealership has been great. Love the 4 year bumper to bumper warranty.

More sound insulation to quiet the ride. Remote tailgate should be available. Upgrade the interior style -the plastic is tacky and the radio controls are cheap feeling and hard to reach while driving. The navigation screen is very hard see during the day in bright sunlight.

It's almost one year
By giri80

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car as a graduation gift for my self! I already have 25,000 miles on the car drove all across the country. So far the ride is fun. Cabin can be a bit quieter, awesome 4 awd handling it's fun to drive in rain and snow. Fuel economy is excellent on hwy (24) but not good in city (17- 18). Interior materials can be of better material. Plastic used is of low quality. I love the seats though. Climate control, audio, back leg room and cargo space very good. I would suggest this buy over a crv, rav4 or Forester any day.

4 AWD, leg room, handling, power, seating comfort

auto off lights, compass on rare view mirror, quieter cabin, better city MPG, better quality interiors,

CAN'T WAIT TO GET RID OF
By Double L

2009 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The dealer would NOT allow us to take on highway; now I know why. The ride is so bumpy that you feel sick to your stomach. We can't get the sports suspension changed because it will cause the warranty to be invalid. I should have walked away after being jacked around by the dealership with agreeing to match printed price of others; and then hemm & ha for 5 hours trying to figure out how to get out of that one. I should of, could of, and didn't; so now I'm stuck with a vehicle that makes me throw up on bumpy highways or gets us dizzy.

STYLE