Used 2008 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

A wolf in sheep's clothing.
By pdxRDX

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

What a hoot this thing is to drive! Somehow the wizards at Acura have managed to put the soul of a sports car into an SUV. Decent fuel economy (great for an SUV), comfortable interior, great looks, amazing acceleration, plenty of goodies in the base model. Buy one NOW!

The awesome power plant.

Front speakers are a little dull.

A Great Compromise
By Jim R

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Having spent a year and 13,000 miles with my RDX, I'm very pleased with the experience. After driving European sport sedans for the past 20 years, I wanted the utility, AWD, and taller view of a compact SUV. However, I didn't want to give up the "fun to drive" nature of my previous vehicles. The RDX delivers. It's very quick. And the ride is somewhat firm -- what I expected and wanted in a vehicle that enjoys attacking mountain curves. Yet, to me the ride is by no means harsh. The interior is well designed and fairly luxurious. Acura reliability is a huge bonus -- I got to know the service techs far too well with my previous cars.

Quickness, great fun to drive, SH-AWD, and a comfortable (fairly luxurious) interior.

I'm not thrilled by the looks of the front end. Also, my highway MPG is 25 -- good compared to a SUV but certainly less so when compared to some sedans. It's all about compromise.

2008 Acura RDX
By aust_lr

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The RDX is a great small SUV. It is fun to drive, handles well, and looks great. It is a little pricey for a car that competes with the Honda CR-V and the Toyota RAV 4 but it is better than them in performance and build quality.

The turbo and it's awesome performance are the best features. Interior quality, great sound system and the SH-AWD system really helps to hold the road.

The glass fog lamps are fragile. Mine was broken by a stone with 1000 miles on the car. The whole front bumper has to be removed to replace the lens and it costs $320.00. That's a LOT for a fog lamp lens!!! Make a lamp protector or just make the lenses from plastic.

Puts a smile on my face when I drive
By ray f

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just bought an RDX Tech package. This is primarily a commuter vehicle and a second car, so I was debating about getting a sedan for the gas mileage. I really like SUVs though, and this one is spot on the money -- fun to drive, higher ride height, good performance, decent space. I had a BMW x3 and 3 series sedan, and I like this better than either of those cars. Each time I drive it, I get a smile on my face (hearing the turbo whoosh is a blast). I just wish it got a bit better mileage. Previous cars also include an MDX (previous body style). This is way better than that car in tightness, comfort, luxury, and technology.

Performance. Tech package.

Gas mileage.

Awesome vehicle
By Bob La Salle

2008 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have about 2,500 miles on it now and I get about 19 mpg all city driving, 26 all highway, much better than the other reviews. It helps fuel economy if you keep that turbo gauge needle pointing down at the bottom, but the power is there when you need it. It is really fun to drive and just the right size; awesome stereo & interior electronics; sporty to drive & sporty/plush ride.

Styling in and out, SH-AWD, turbocharger, tech package, especially the nav and rear camera; Honda/Acura quality throughout.

Rear camera display needs reference data like Nissan/Infiniti uses; keyless entry & ignition like to RL uses; cooled seats; too much glare on nav screen.