Used 2007 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura RDX

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Best CUV out there for the Money
By ever_green

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is great. Oops I mean SUV. Well same thing real for this "CUV". Sometimes you forget it's an SUV with its excellent acceleration and sport suspension. You feel the road unlike any other SUV out there. It feels more like my friend's BMW 3s. Apart from performance Acura offers excellent interior design with everything you need, really. Comfortable heated leather seats, Dual zone AC & so on...The super handling AWD also helps on snow and offroad. even though this car is not designed for offroading I still do it and it feels just as good as my highlander on dirt and light muddy roads. Only thing I'm unhappy about is the MPG in hwy. I get 21MPG.

Turbo charged, Interior design and comfort, roomy, road grip, tires, navigation system, SH-AWD, trip computer, sound system! It has the best sound system I have ever heard!

Fuel economy could be better on this car. I don't think acura paid particular attention about MPG this car gets. Again I get 21MPG hwy and 18MPG city, same as my V6 Acura TL.

Want a sport sedan needed an suv
By Turbo Fan

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I chose the RDX because I wanted sport sedan like handling and power but the utility of an SUV. Gas mileage is not as bad as some say. If I ease into the throttle, I can get about 25mpg highway with some city driving. Ride is firm, but you get lots of grip. Sport mode tranny is neat but not necessary. This is my first turbo engine and overall I like the power surge; surprising that a 2.3L can feel this strong in a 3,900lb vehicle. Turbo lag is not bad; spools up faster than the 2008 CX7 and 2009 Subaru Forester I drove. RDX felt more powerful than CX7 despite having less advertised hp and one fewer gear. Glad I spent the extra money and chose the RDX over the CX7.

comfortable seats, torque, handling of the sh-awd

Brakes are not up to par, some fading towards the end of the stop. CX7 has better brakes. Bore out the motor to 2.5L and increase the boost to 15psi.

Spoiled Honda Owner
By LoveACURA

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I owned Hondas for years but strayed to AUDI a few years ago. I loved the AWD of my AUDI but hated the UNreliability - I'll NEVER have another Audi. Finding AWD for under $40K was a challenge. LOVE my RDX - a suped-up Honda with AWD! All the bells and whistles of a more expensive model but at a great price. Gas mileage is wonderful when I drive it like a 4 cyl. When I need the power of a 6 cyl, I have it with the Turbo. Drive it like a 6 cyl and you'll too complain about the gas mileage.

The value! AWD, AWD, AWD. Again, all the bells and whistles of a more expensive vehicle. Back up camera, sound system, MP3, Bluetooth, sunroof, Navigation, and wonderful customer service at Jackson Acura.

6 cyl. option?

Floor Mat
By Mark

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first and last Acura. At 5K the driver's floor mat was worn through. After some argument, the dealer agreed to replace it under warranty. The replacement lasted about the same. While the overall interior quality appears acceptable, the carpeting and floor mats are very cheap. Mileage is fair, but you must use premium fuel. For the money, the vehicle is not worth the price.

Styling

Upgrade the cheap carpets and mats.

The Little Things Add Up
By HondaMoCoFan

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I decided to trade in my TL for this because I wanted all wheel drive. I was disappointed to find out that the car lacked some features I thought would be standard across all models. Namely, the navigation screen was no longer touch screen (as my TL from a few years prior had been). I also found both the gas range prediction and mpg to be terrible. On a drive across the country in a torrential downpour, I checked my range vs. the nearest gas station. At the time (about 20 miles away), I had about 12-15 extra miles according to the trip computer. Suddenly, about 10 miles away it jumped to 9 miles and I wondered if I would even make it.

The handling of the RDX is a lot of fun. It feels much more like a car than an SUV.

Touch-screen nav, v6, manual transmission, better hook system for floor mats, power passenger seat, a way to disable many features (I asked the dealership and was told many cannot be disabled via the computer).