Used 2007 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura RDX

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Well balanced and fun to drive!
By jjc

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We just got this car used several weeks ago and are thrilled with it! It is very fun to drive and has a nice kick. The car is a great balance of size, speed, practicality, and fun. Plus, it looks sharp and is fast! Both my wife and I love it.

Turbo. SH-AWD

Look of rear gate/lights area. Fuel economy (e.g. 6 speed trans would help).

I REALLY Know This Car
By RDX LOVER

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm a sales rep and drive approximately 40,000-45,000 miles a year for work. I've owned the RDX for a little more than two years and have 94,000 miles on it. I LOVE THIS CAR! The quality is excellent, the power & handling is excellent. The features of the tech pkg are great and reliable. I get compliments about this car all the time because of its styling and luxury. As long as you don't stand on the throttle and use up the turbo all the time, you get respectable gas mileage. I usually get 20-21 mpg in mixed driving conditions. When I'm aggressive I get 18-19 mpg. Due to a sporty suspension some may not like to feel every bump. You get a lot for the money. Compare the features to others.

Blue Tooth Technology Backup camera with right side mirror that tilts, which makes this car easy to park. The controls are at your fingertips. Great power. It has a lot of room for a little SUV.

Auto Headlights Keyless Entry with push button start ignition. Maybe soften the ride just a little but not too much at the expense of the handling. Optional Power Liftgate. Power passenger seat with memory Add V6 option like the TSX More AC vents for rear passengers Auxiliary ports for rear passengers.

The Family Sportscar!
By Critical

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Absolutely great car. Tech package is easy to use. Here's the bad things... interior plastic scratches easy, 19 to 20 mpg avg., 92 octane gas. That being said this is the best car I've ever owned. I'm a "car nut" and backyard mechanic, this car is extremely easy to maintain. I'll drive this car till it dies!

Tech package, leather, 410 watt sound system.

$37,000 is a lot... get the certified used!

Love my RDX
By rcizme

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Although some call it an SUV it's not. I don't drive it off road and don't plan to but on snow covered mountain roads it out handles my 4x4 Explorer in every way. The SH-AWD is one of the best I've ever driven. On performance, I didn't buy it as a race car but I drive over a mountain pass to work every day and this car doesn't work very hard climbing the grade AND with just over 50K miles, I'm averaging 24 MPG. I'm confused as to why so many complain about poor fuel economy. I'm guessing that mileage figures vary with driving habits? It's not a race car... don't drive it like one.

Premium sound system, Blue tooth, SH-AWD

Memory for power seats, have center console lid lift from front to back instead of from left to right... then a passenger can access the area more easily.

Excellent peformance crossover
By Chapel Hill

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We purchased an '07 RDX brand new when they first came out (we purchased in Aug '06). We are in the process of selling it, not because we want to, but because our family has simply outgrown it. We put 40k miles on it in almost 3 years of ownership and have thoroughly enjoyed the RDX. We've used it around town & on family trips. Extremely reliable. Quiet ride. Incredibly comfortable interior w/ awesome styling. Multiple compartments for storage, & many tech features. Front & back seats are quite roomy & backseat easily folds down flat (2/3 / 1/3) to expand cargo space. The AWD RDX drives better than most performance cars - handling is incredible & it is a fun, solid drive/ride.

*turbo charge engine; all-wheel drive, performance tires/suspension *interior styling, displays *xenon lights, sound system, sunroof *flexible space w/ rear cargo area and 2 fold flat seats *reliability (have had 0 repair issues in 3 years)

*fuel economy is not as good as similar sized crossovers, perhaps b/c of the turbo engine