Used 2005 Acura NSX Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura NSX

View reviews for a specific NSX model:

My second NSX
By High Desert NM

2005 Acura NSX 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second NSX. I owned a '91 automatic and now own a Spa Yellow '98 6spd targa. I love this car for its beautiful, timeless style, reliablity, and of course it's exclusivity. I lived in NM 2+ years and have only seen 2 other NSXs. The view out the front window is the best in the business--- GT Prototype-like. The car is subtly fast-- 0-60 in 5.0 and 30-80 in a snap. The NSX has remarkable handling without too much drama. The car thinks along with you-- I guess that's what they mean when they say you become one with the car. This car looks as good standing still as it does flying by. The six speed transmission is Mazda Miata-like is quickness and short shifting distance.

Style and driving view. Exclusivity, Honda solid reliability, and power to spare and oh yes those glances.

Left foot rest. More seating position option--including a front of seat rise position to ease knee stress or an knee extension. CD changer built into existing stereo-- cassettes are out. That's about it.

An exotic without the price tag.
By kushbudz

2005 Acura NSX 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

No other car I have owned has attracted so much attention (it's almost a problem actually). The ride is exceptional and it corners like a bat outta hell. The interior is simple and free of the usual slew of buttons and oversized LCD screens. I much prefer this to the modern trend of bloating the car out with useless features (it's a sports car not a cadillac). Add a supercharger and you will toast Ferrari's and Porsches that cost twice as much.

Looks, Looks, Looks. Exclusiveness. Living in silicone Valley I see M3's and Porsches all day long. I go months without seeing another NSX (usually the duration between club meetings).

My only wish is that this car had a bit more power stock. Although with a little time an money you can make a completely street legal rocket out of this car.

Great Car
By O.C. Dave

2005 Acura NSX 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The trill & performance of a Ferrari, with the reliability and low cost maintenance of an Acura. This is my 2nd. NSX and this has the best bang for the buck in the sports car market. I met a 1994 NSX owner whose car had over 200,000 miles on it. His only costs were for normal maintenance. I drove his 1994 and it was still tight and rattle free. People are always stopping me to ask questions or compliment on the car.

Looks and the way it drives. I took the car on a 600 mile drive and it was very comfortable and enjoyable.

This is the last year, so any improvements are a mute point. Note, the trunk only holds one set of golf clubs.

The real exotic car.
By Too Exotic

2005 Acura NSX 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Big time head turner & get many thumbs up, Great PERFORMANCE, oustanding stylish look to it. Does not get blown away from any cars, as a matter of fact, it steals & attention from any car out there. Just way too hot. When I pull up anywere, people have their jaws dropped onto the ground while staring at it. This car steals the show from M3 & any Porshce out there. You need a $250K Ferrari or $450k Carrera GT to compete with the NSX, not any upgraded volkswagen on steriods like the M3 & Porshce. Can a Vette beat the NSX? OF course, but keep in mind, vette is only 1/2 the price of NSX. It really isn't a matter of affording any of the car, it is truely a matter of choice & taste!

Everything!! Even a $29k Evo can beat a 911, & it costs 1/2 the price of 911, but I would still rather get a 911 over any Evo. Just like a Supra can beat a Ferrari, but again, I would rather take a Ferrari any day. So, I could have bought 2 vettes, a M3, 911, but didn't find them hot enough. NSX!

Nothing! Little M3s & 911s get blown away whenever I pull up in my NSX. People, lets face it, we are not always in an indy 500, so what's the point? This car is hot, reliable & breaks necks whereever I go. Sky is the limit w/ power, u can give a Civic 400 hrspwr AND? HENCE, The NSX is a true WINNER!

Still A Great Drive
By Matt

2005 Acura NSX 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Unless you are going to go to a racetrack and take on the new vette or vipers, you will not be disappointed by the horsepower. The car is still 5.0 sec to 60 and handles incredibly well. The NSX is very much improved from the 2002 model year forward. There are very few automotive reviews on the post-2002 NSX which is a shame because the driving experience is much imporved over the older car.

The clutch and the gear shift are easily the best in the world. Brakes are amazing. Interior leather is also a big improvement over the older cars.

Who would not agree that the car could still use maybe 75 more horsepower.