Used 2014 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Couldn't Be More Disappointed With My 2014 MDX
By Jim G

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 37K miles on my 2014 MDX when I started experiencing stuttering when I accelerated from a start up an incline. I purchased an extended warranty and I'm glad I did as the Acura dealer in Roseville, California returned my vehicle to me without fixing the problem. When I picked up my MDX from the service adviser, he told me that they didn't verify the acceleration problem as they had a software update for an acceleration problem, so they just updated the software. Well, they obviously didn't verify the fix as the problem remained and has gotten worse. To add to my disappointment, Acura Customer Service called me 2 days after my service to rate my experience and I told them the problem wasn't fixed. That's the last I heard from Acura. I'll schedule another service appointment to get the problem fixed, but my total Acura experience so far could not be any worse.

Great Car - But be aware
By Jack

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Advance and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car is great overall! Be sure to check for covered recalls and ensure the electronic transmission has been evaluated.

Another great Acura MDX
By L J

2014 Acura MDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Best car I ever owned
By Tim McCartney

2014 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2014 MDX WITH TECHNOLOGY replaced my 2006 MDX. This car is much more refined than the 06. Beautiful style, great fit and finish. I added the following options; towing pkg, fog lights, roof rails and cross bars, mud flaps, and rear bumper protector. I felt they added a lot to the style as well as some function. This car is primarily my wife's car. She says it is the most comfortable car she has ever driven or ridden in. Good gas mileage for this class vehicle, however the 91 octane fuel requirement over regular cuts down on any fuel savings. I was concerned about the variable cylinder management system, which Acura used to get the 28 mpg. I was pleasantly surprised, no noticeable delays or lack of power. Most cars of this class get improved gas mileage via CV or 9 speed transmissions, the 2014 did not. Strangely enough the 2015 model did come with a different tranny, however it did not seem to improve mpg.
The only real gripes are with the navigation and the radio display. The navigation locks you out on many functions while moving (safety) however it is frustrating (when passenger cannot input address or search for points of interest). My VW warns you but allows all functions. The GPS display does not provide the posted speed limit like my $100 Garman portable or my VW Touareg GPS. The radio screen is huge but truncates song/artist info beyond so many characters, go figure.

Nice highway suv
By David S

2014 Acura MDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The mdx drives like a sedan on the highway. Comfortably and very quiet. Surprisingly good gas mileage for a full size vehicle.