Used 2008 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Excellent Value for the money
By namdxowner

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The 2008 MDX is a great luxury family SUV. The MDX rides like a car and makes my wife feel safe on the road. The last row seat is only useful for kids under 10. However, two features should have been standard with this car.

With its powerful 300 hp engine, the pickup is smooth and fast. All the features on this car are great. Entertainment, Bluetooth phone, power tailgate, AWD, and navigation.

1) The side mirrors should be power mirrors to close them when parking in tight spaces. 2) The roof rails should be standard because there is not much trunk if you are traveling with the family. We have owned this car for about 10 days. Got 20.2 mpg in my first full tank. Needs better mpg.

Awesome Vehicle!
By Karigirl

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I leased my new Acura MDX almost a year ago and still love it every time I get in it. My previous car was a 2004 Acura TL and I thought I couldn't find a vehicle I loved more than that until I got the MDX. The handling, the transmission, the power, the comfort, the styling, just about everything! I wish the gas mileage was better but I am lead-footed and I am averaging 17 mpg. When I drive mostly highway, I get closer to 22. We recently bought a second car, an '02 Maxima, and I couldn't wait to get back into the Acura. I forever will be an Acura fan! Best cars on the road, in my opinion (well, at least in my price range-LOL!). Oh, and did I mention, I have the BASE model!

Styling, interior, blue dim lights, sound system, power.

None that I can think of. Acura thought of everything for a midsize SUV.

Acura worth every penny
By DisplayName

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased an 08 MDX a month ago. Researched with great detail to determine which mid-sized SUV I would be the best choice. I looked at BMW X5, Volvo XC90, Mercedes ML, Audi Q7, even Chevy Tahoe LTZ and concluded that the Acura was the best choice for the money. Hondas/Acuras are legendary for thier reliability and resale value. All things considered Acura is #1. Overall the MDX is a fabulous vehicle.

Favorite features include handling/performance, luxurious interior, cargo space, high safety ratings (feature very significant when choosing family vehicle), options available at reasonable price considering the competition, premium audio system-10 speaker, over 400 watts surround sound-amazing sound

Push start button (keyless option) would be nice, add folding side view mirrors, iPod integration kit in dash should be standard for a vehicle of this caliber, smart cruise control, not as quiet of a ride as I thought it would be; but not bad.

Great SUV that's Fun to Drive
By BH

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Compared to Highlander, X5, 09 Pilot, and GM SUVs. MDX was best compromise. Owned a 2002 model that was very reliable.

Bluetooth, navigation, interior design, and quality.

No premium fuel and better gas mileage.

Love it, Love it, Love it
By DG

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at everything out there and the MDX won hands down. Ride is excellent, handling is great, sound system is incredible. Voice activation for almost everything you want to either control or get information on. A little temperamental with recognition of commands but if you're clear then it's OK. Blue tooth is great. Added chrome side steps, body molding and luggage rack. Black on black combination turns alot of heads. Acura doing great financing and going way low on pricing. First time I ever owned an Acura, will definitely consider Acura for other vehicle purchases. Lots of power in engine although premium should probably be used most of time.

Blue tooth, voice recognition, real time traffic, satellite radio, sound system, Xenon lamps etc. etc. Just love this vehicle.

If I'm going to get picky, folding mirrors would be great. Access to 3rd row from both sides would be nice although I don't plan to use them that much. Own minivan to haul kids.