Used 2008 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

A nice car from Acura
By Gunn

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Before to buy this car, I have looked at Lexus 350, ML350 and CX9 finally choose this one because of its price, equipment and 7 passengers capacity. I have owned this car for three months. It works great with no problems at all. Just enjoy the fun when drive it. This is my first Acura, some of my opinions are: Gas mileage is quite low (13 mpg) in local roads. When slowing down speed, transmission gear shift is noticeable. Comparing to X5 3.0 (my other car) acceleration and handling is inferior even MDX has more powerful engine. Cabin noise level can be lower.

Blue tooth, nav, central control console, power tailgate, 3rd row seat. Interior cosmetic.

Touch screen nav, cargo cover, roof rack, 110v outlet should be std. Need arm rest for driver. Improve gas mileage, day-time running light should be able to disabled.

Happy Buyer
By JamesT

I purchase my MDX with the tech pkg a week before a taking a long thanksgiving trip out of town. I must say that this vehicle is truly amazing. I traded in my BMW for this vehicle and this vehicle is every bit as good. I drove the BMW X5 and Infiniti FX series and the MDX proved to be the better value and overall better vehicle. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Technology package with power lift gate

The vehicle is excellent but it could use push button start.

Excellent SUV... way to go!
By Gurm

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 2008 Acura MDX sports new here in state of WA 3 weeks back... drives like dream. I chose it over Lincoln MKX, Mazda CX-9, BMW X5 and Lexus RX 400. MDX is very sporty both in looks & driving with option of comfort mode just by pressing a switch (but you'll be tempted to keep it in sports mode). I drive Audi S4 too & still respect Acura's sporty drive for an SUV. The Acura navigation is very easy to use, bluetooth & handsfree link are nice additions too. Suggested improvements below.

Sport ride, excellent comfort level with potential seating for 7, roomy & very luxurious interiors, navigation, ELS sound system, bluetooth, all the controls on driving wheel. Cornering's great for this size of vehicle, braking is respectable. A great luxury SUV!

The headlight controls, wiper controls, etc., should be illuminated/backlit. Mileage could be better, so far 17.5 MPG in mixed driving. Front lower garnish should be standard, looks great on it.

Reminds me of my BMW 540i. Very elegant.
By Addy

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2006 Toyota Sienna LE for the '08 MDX Sport with black on black. Unlike many other autos, this SUV is truly unisex. I got this for this for my wife but would love driving to work ;-) It really reminds me of the BMW 540i Sport I used to drive some time back. Do not expect a Lexus RX style smooth ride with the Sport package. It's a road hugging SUV, with tighter steering and superb pick-up. The 300 HP engine is pretty responsive

Voice commands, nav, BT, dashboard, looks and value. Competitors cost $10K more for similar features.

Roof rails, running boards should be standard. Very long drives. Seat ergonomics could be improved particularly for long trips.

Touch choice
By charles

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a good car. Good power, great ride, it has a sporty suspension that can take jumping a curb or ramming through uneven pavement going 60 mph. So that's a plus. The interior is nice, good heated seats useful, excellent rear view camera. One problem: the gear shift, wiper controls and light controls are less than easy to use. First the wiper and light controls should be lit at night: they are not. The biggest issue I have with them is that they lack the European feedback that BMW offers, i.e., I like to not have to look down to see what gear I'm in, what level wiper I am on, or what light is on. If it would work by just feel alone, Acura would do well.

Voice control for many operations. Works great.