Used 2008 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Nice SUV
By comet123

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have driven 4,500 miles. Overall, great vehicle. In the snow is great. Solid like a tank.

Excellent AWD - is great in the snow. I use the power tailgate more than I thought I would.

Navi should have ability to turn up brighter. 3rd seat is not much use. I never use it anyway but for those requiring regular use of 3rd seat - don't recommend.

Really Satisfied!
By Farid

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a car enthusiast and then for buying this car I searched and test drove many cars during a 3 months period. Between all SUVs that I tested - such as BMW X5, BMW X3, Mercedes ML 350 & 500, Lexus RX, Mazda SUVs and many others - I am 100% certain that you can not find such a combination of handling, comfort, space, reliability and design with a very competitive price in another car. Also I love the technology package and I think that it has one of the best navigation systems. I have driven the car for near 15 months and 18000 miles and I've never had any problem with it. I think the seats are very comfortable with a good design. Handling is awesome and driver's position and view is perfect.

Handling, design, SH-AWD, seats, Technology package, space, 300 HP engine with a good torque.

Keyless entry, using wood instead of plastic inside the car, better fuel economy (actually for an AWD SUV with 7 passenger it is not bad),

Not worth the money
By Bill

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Problems galore - AWD problems 2 times - Wouldn't start due to AWD problems - replaced DVD player 3 times - side dash panels replaced 2 times - seats losing color after 20k miles - replaced batter after 12k miles - front rotors warped after 10k miles. I was a lover of Acura, they have really changed in quality for the price.

2008 Acura MDX
By JERRY

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car about a year ago and have about 13500 miles on the car. This is a really great SUV. Remembering that this is an SUV the mileage is not too bad. I get about 17-18 mpg mixed (more freeway) and about 21-22 mpg freeway at an average speed of 75-80 mph. The back seats are comfortable. They can recline a little but not all the way flat. The third row seats are only meant for kids. Have had 2 problems so far. The air vent on the top of the dashboard pop out and was fixed by the dealer on the third try. I told them glue it down. The CD player jammed and was replaced by the dealer at no cost. All in all, I am very satisfied with this car and have already recommended it to friends.

The transmission is exceptionally good. The shifts are very fast. It's as if it can read my mind; always in the right gear. Sound system is great. When you push the MDX and the trans downshifts, the sound from the exhaust is very satisfying.

I'm 5'11'. When I adjust the seat and steering to a comfortable position, the gauges become partially hidden by the steering. Interior fit needs to be better. The panels that fold from the dashboard to the doors needs to be better aligned. The brakes make clucking sound. Dealer says this is normal.

The Verdict after 1 Year of Driving it..
By qwik_footed

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car 1+ years now and can now give objective feedback without the bias of "new car purchase" emotions. My wife's been the primary driver to haul around our daughter (now 16 mo. old) and she loves it. Bold exterior style & big interior compared to other vehicles (RX330, FX35) was a big reason for buying. We went with the Entertainment system as it was the only way to get the power tailgate at the time, but it's been great for entertaining the baby on trips. The car has been perfect EXCEPT for a constant, infuriating rattle around passenger door area (even at low speed) that shouldn't exist on a $40k car (dealer couldn't fix). Overall, love it, but it's really a 2nd tier luxury SUV.

Exterior styling, comfortable interior, navigation system, XM radio.

Acura really needs to improve "fit and finish" on the vehicle. Quality of materials is OK, but squeaks and rattles shouldn't really start appearing right away on a $40K vehicle that considers itself a "luxury" brand.