Used 2008 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Won't buy it again
By gamerchick

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After almost 3 months of owning it, I got a leak from the edge of sunglasses holder. I brought it over to the dealer ship, they didn't find anything wrong with it. Soon after, My memory seats are not working at all. It takes lots of pushes to get the seat moved to the right position. I brought it to the dealership again. when they tested it, the button worked fine. so they said they couldn't do anything till it acted up. And of course after I got home, the memory seat didn't work. Long story short, this issue is still not getting fixed yet. I would not buy Acura again.

the 3rd row seats

electrical issues.

Poor Acura Quality
By babake

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Been having problems with our MDX since the day we bought it. After 5 attempts, the windows still squeak, the wheels vibrate, the radio loses its memory, the seats power setting has problems. Amazing that consumer report keeps on reporting Acura MDX as a top SUV pick. We moved to the Acura from a lexus RX to get a little more sporty feel and have been regretting our decision since. The dealer service people are also very confrontational - do not recommend Hopkins Acura of Redwood City CA. We are going to go trade our MDX for a Lexus.

Handling

improve quality

Very Good Mid Size SUV
By Rich

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just turned 40,000 miles and still love my vehicle except for poor gas mileage and weak exterior paint that nicks/chips easily. Car rides very smoothly with lots of passing power. Quality and Reliability up to my current mileage have been excellent.

Navigation System, XM Radio and overall good looks of the car's int/ext.

Rear view camera is too slow, needs improvement(faster operation) for back- up safety. Also the upgrade of clearcoat paint for exterior nicks and chips.

Great sporty SUV
By longtime honda owner

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to replace my 1998 5.9L Durango. The MDX tows my 4500lb boat + trailer better than the big Dodge! Yes, I was surprised as well. :-) We drive this over a 4100ft mountain pass to our cabin roughly 25 times a year. It's safe and stable in any condition. Nearing 30k miles with no faults and I like the vehicle as much now as when I drove it off the lot. There's plenty of room for my family of 4, lab and all our gear. A rooftop box makes I've added lets me take all the stuff I should have left at home to begin with. Seriously, if you are looking for a reliable, sporty SUV you can't go wrong with an MDX.

Cool styling, yes, I like the grille too. Anti-sway technology for towing. Comfort, navigation, SH-AWD is awesome. Very comfortable car, good acceleration and handling on mountain roads.

The only oversight that bothers me is the ill-fitting plastic fuel door. This is ridiculous at this price point. Heated seats "cycle" and don't maintain a constant temperature.

Loved it...
By Satisfied

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

3 yr lease just expired...I'd buy again. I absolutely loved this car. I prefer Honda or Toyota, Acura is my favorite. By the time I had equipped comparable vehicles (BMW, Lexus, actually), there was no comparison in price. Don't get me wrong, BMW and Lexus were fantastic, but about $8K more when comparably equipped. Leasing fit me...I drive 12,000/yr. Gas mileage was just as advertised...sometimes a mile or two better. The ONLY thing I didn't like was the giant shield design on the front...which is now apparently on all Acura vehicles.

Power and handling (300 HP & SH-AWD), Seat Heaters, stereo, Technology Package (Navigation w/ blue tooth), comfortable & quiet ride.

Front grill re-design. No shiny, reflective plastic on dash and no chrome on center console. Radio should display song and artist like AC Delco...but don't get anything else from AC Delco!