Used 2008 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

SH-AWD Will Make Everything Better
By marko221

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

During the recent snowstorm we received at Lake Tahoe, our MDX simply blew past everyone installing chains and kept up with the 4x4 rigs with the huge mud/snow tires and lift kits. Even on icy surfaces, we held our traction. The OEM Bridgestones have 5/32" tread left but the power distribution to the fronts, rears, or left or right was incredible! It can be monitored on the computer within the dash.
My confidence kept building during our 3-hour commute up the mountain.
A hazard warning blipped on and off when I intentionally tried to "drift" the vehicle on an icy patch at the gas station.
Note to all: the commercials regarding the SH-AWD are fact!

SH-AWD

Acura doesn't stand by product
By I'm Dissappointed

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Nice driver, poor quality. When I hit around 30,000 miles I noticed my lower paint chipping badly and starting to get rust on bottom of my mdx. Went to my acura dealer to see if they would remedy the problem. They will not stand by their design or workmanship. On new mdx's they added a plastic strip and plastic flare guard on door. So they know the design was bad but will not fix the problem. My 2nd mdx, also have an rdx, will never buy another Honda product. There are many other nice suv's out there.

Handling

To make modifications to the vehicles affected and fix the problem.

Rear end thump/squeak noise
By mac

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love the handling of this SUV. I had my rear end noise fixed as per TSB 09-002. Problem came back after few months went to the dealer to fixed it again. I hope the parts replaced the second time will last.

handling

fixed noise issues

60K and still loving it!
By Chrissy

3 years and 60 k and I still love this car. It has been the most reliable car I've owned. Before my MDX I was averaging a new car every year. Two Infiniti SUVs and one Escalade later I bought this. I LOVE IT! It has all the luxuries for a fair price with a beautiful fit and finish. It's definitely a keeper! It's comfortable, fun, safe, and easy to drive. I put a lot of miles on my cars and this one has been the best of them all. No problems whatsoever. Before buying my MDX I test drove every Luxury SUV on the market. This one was the best driving, one of the best interiors, great technology, and most affordable of them all.

Navigation, Traffic, Voice command, DVD, Back up camera, heated seats, 12 V power in main area of vehicle.

all of the improvements I'd like to see on my 08' have already been added to the new MDX. Acura really listens to their customers.

2008 MDX tech
By acura08

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Everything was great. Until I hit 60k miles (warranty expires) the wiper sensors and engine oil sensors got messed up. The wipers turn on and off by themselves and also the engine oil sensor. It was awesome how the engine oil sensor bugged out and I was on the highway during rush hour. The last row seats are a nice add but not for long trips. Honda/Acura is notorious for their window problem on the driver side. Driving the MDX is fun the handling is awesome I can whip turns better then a lot of sedans. Even the Lexus cant beat it not sure about the X5.

the handling also love the stock tires that come with the mdx got up to 65k body style is very nice, and the tailgate camera is so handy

FIX the sensors. The outside molding trim around the window area of the doors, they get loose after awhile.