Used 2008 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

This is exactly what I was hoping for!!!
By Boris Milev

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Acura has done a great job. I was originally looking at VW Touareg which I still love but since Acura arrived to China I fell in love with this car. The interior quality is slightly inferior to Touareg but otherwise it is a great car. Industry-leading SH-AWD (Honda is one more time riding the waves of innovation) and superb GPS system are just awesome. Feels and drives like a luxury sedan. Offers plenty of space (I am 6'3" tall). Sound system, air-con are just great.

SH-AWD, GPS, handling is awesome, engine and suspension are all great

Folding rearview mirrors, standard railing and racking, silver on the dash not in unison with the beige

Love this car! Sold my ipod, though.
By David

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We absolutely have loved owning and driving the MDX. We traded in a Tahoe Z71 and thought we wouldn't have enough room (two toddlers, stroller, large dog), but we think we have much more usable room with the lower doors and fold-away third row seat. The rear-seat DVD controls are all in the center console - fabulous for parents of toddlers; they also have a remote control that older kids can use. The navigation system is easy to use and loaded with restaurant and hotel info. The acceleration is brisk and driving is very enjoyable. I hate saying it, but it does drive like a (powerful) car.

DVD disc-slot and controls in the center console. Fold-away third row seats. Wide body and enough cargo space for wide items. Navigation system.

I cannot believe I paid that much money for a vehicle without an iPod port. It's absent with the entertainment package. I can use the rear-seat ent. system's audio ports but then my kids can't listen to their DVD! If the base model has a port up front, all models should have a port up front!

Great luxury SUV
By bruno

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after researching many. It has the best of everything. Most room, most comfortable, great sound, and very spacious. The Lexus and Mercedes were too small, the BMW too rough of a ride, and the Porsche too expensive. Perfect for the price. The only thing I can complain about is a slight tire noise it has, but so did all the other SUVs

Navigation, stereo, comfortable seats, and power

Improve gas mileage and tire noise

Great Car
By MeBuyToo

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It gives you a lot of confidence on the road. It has good pick up, it's quiet, pretty smooth, it feels safe, the music sounds good, love the navi, especially getting the traffic incidents in the morning; I haven’t had any problems to report. I researched this car pretty much in depth before buying it, so it’s pretty much what I expected it to be. I considered a RX-350 test drove it twice; test drove the MDX twice. I felt the MDX had much more going for it in terms of style, technology and the MDX was packaged much better.

The technology package, the interior & exterior design, the stereo, the voice activated commands. It has a lot of convenient features too. I really love the way the car looks, I even love the grill, it's so sleek & bossy. It looks innovative & creative on the road. Resale value, slow depreciation

Gas MPG was the only thing I didn't like about it; but I wasn't going to let the MPG stop me from having such a nice car. I avg 18 city, 19-hwy, 22 hwy cruise control. I was expecting 17- 19 MPG. I wish the seat rose a little higher. I also miss the welcome greeting that was in 2007 tech models.

Great SUV for family
By jp82765

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at many luxury SUVs and loved the MDX. It is extremely spacious, comfortable, fun to drive, navigation is great, sound system is great, and handles very well. The only thing it lacks is it could use a smoother ride. The ride is not as smooth as the Lexus or EMrcadise, but it is also much less. Great for 2 kids and 2 small dogs. I have yet to experience any problems with the truck and the fuel eco. is average for an SUV.

navigation, comfort seats, sound system, handling

make the ride a bit smoother