Used 2007 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

2007 Acura MDX
By Love it

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After a long exhaustive search for a luxury SUV which was not too big and not too small, we found the MDX. We purchased our 2007 MDX used but in like new condition. Could not be happier with the performance, style and overall handling of this vehicle. This performance vehicle is quick, agile, easy to drive and stylish all in one package.

GPS, auto climate control, sound system, and the handling in snow is awesome.

Extended warranty on powertrain to 100k, ability to update the Navigation system mapping and improve the overall gas mileage.

Great SUV, love it
By Tim

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was our first luxury vehicle purchase. We bought the 07 Sport/Ent with 18K miles from an Acura dealership (Certified). We compare it to X5, ML, and the RX and the Acura had many more features, and more value than the competitors. Sporty feel, good power once the rpms climb, nice interior. Wish the interior was more quiet at highway speed and the LED for the sport button and the trunk release button died but luckily replaced under warranty.

Love the easy to use Nav, Hands free voice, and the XM display with the nav makes surfing for music fun.

Nothing really to report.

Love it!
By AB

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I leased Acura MDX in February 2007. Loved it from day 1. It is stylish, sporty, and everything I could have asked for. I can drive alone, or load family and friends and still enjoy the ride. The one thing I don't like in Acura MDX are the front wipers. They stink! The wipers started jumping within few months of my buying the MDX and Acura could not fix it. So I am living with it. My transmission failed once and they fixed it because it was under warranty. Anyway, I think MDX is a great car. I love every bit of it.

Sporty style, looks, 7 seats.

Front wipers, rear view camera should be standard.

Second Acura and keep coming back
By MDXOWNER

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Acura (first was a 2005 TL) and I purchased the MDX for my wife because we needed more room for a growing family. It’s been two years and it still turns heads on the road (even mine after I park it) because the styling is simple, yet screams “I have 300 hp under this hood”. Overall, you cannot go wrong with the Acura brand from a prestige, reliability and value standpoint. The MDX is upscale and it’s easy to scoff at BMW or Mercedes because of the superb value of the MDX. Acura has simple options and doesn’t hold you hostage with multiple ‘option packages’ in order to get what you want.

Power and the engine ‘growl’ is nice. The xenon headlights and LED rear lights are awesome. They are extremely bright (especially with fog lights on) and everyone knows you are coming. The aggressive exterior styling is eye-catching. The navigation system is easy to use.

Gas mileage, ELS radio is not the best, leather quality could be better, fit and finish issues, no ipod connection.

07 MDX / Tech pkg.
By Don

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new MDX in 02 and was very happy with it. The few things I didn't like were resolved in the 07 redesign. For a sport ute I'm happy with the ride quality, reduced road noise, seat comfort, power and handling. At 38 K miles the AC quit but was repaired under warranty. The 1st of 4 Acuras to ever go in the shop for a repair. I don't like the vertical spoke at the bottom of the steering wheel where my hands want to rest on long drives. I think it's a bargain relative to the price of the BMW or Porsche.

Very comfortable front seats. Superb sound system. All driver controls are placed perfectly. Nav system very good and easy to operate. Hands free link works very well.

I think it could use a better looking set of wheels. Put a power source in the console with the aux input. Get rid of the vertical spoke on the steering wheel.