Used 2006 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great SUV
By Jim

2006 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second MDX, and I think it is the best car out there.

Smooth ride, plenty of room

Gas mileage could be better

Great SUV for sedan lovers
By xprepairpro.com

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't wanting an SUV, I was really wanting a TL or an RL but room (2 kids now) means the 03 accord wouldn't cut it and the TL/RLs dont have much more room. I have never owned an SUV but have driven a lot at an old job. I didn't like the truck feeling of most SUVs so I didn't think the MDX would be so "car-like". I was quite surprised when I test drove it at the dealer. It had a lot of power and steering was very much like a normal car. I wasn't as attracted to the MDX so much for style. I like it very much, but still have my doubts about the front end. Hearing such good reviews and safety and reliability reports, I drove the MDX off the lot the day I test drove it.

Navigation is easy drive is smooth but strong built very solid. no hollow feeling. SAFETY (5 stars all around in govt tests).

Front end redesign, more powerful stereo (my stock accord sounded much better), pop the trunk lid from inside, needs 23mpg for real.. not epa estimates

Buy another brand
By The Foxer

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned a 2001, and 2003 MDX. Both have the same problem. The steering wheel vibrates at any speed above 65. Tires replaced, wheel bearings replaced, rotors replaced and turned several times, tires ground force balanced and nothing fixes the problem. AC quit and multiple other problems.

None

Work on driveability and reliability

So Far So good.....
By Sam

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased this vehicle for my Wife and now I am so jealous of her since she gets to drive it everyday. Overall car can't be beat as it has so much bang for the buck. Nav system is great and a lot of fun to interact with. Car drives incredibly smoothly and power is available as soon as you need it. I am having a hard time keeping the speed low during break-in. Owned 1 Acura before and loved the service and care of brand. Matches to any German brand in my books. Buy this car and you'll see what I mean.

Nav System, Hands Free everything!, Comfort of the seats including rear, responsiveness, space for multiple family members.

Auto locking doors when put car in drive, Auto windows for all windows instead of just driver.

The best SUV ever
By Tracy

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Granted I have only had my MDX for less than a month but I LOVE THIS SUV. It is the most comfortable, the most convenient interior vehicle I have ever owned. I have had 3 Lexus before this but now I am an Acura customer forever.

The naviagation and rear backup camera are incredible. The interior seats are very comfortable.

The exterior could be a little sportier.