Used 2006 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great Vehicle for Shopping & Road Trips
By L Tunner

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second MDX I've owned, and I love MDXs. Perfect for our active lifestyle..my aunts and cousins call it our touring/shopping/eating machine. Navigation system is great for road trips and seeking out new sites. Comfortably accomodates 5 shopping queens. Large cargo area has carried everything from 5 large dogs..club chairs..bags of mulch..lots of shopping bags. Performance, reliability and safety features are excellent.

Nav system, heated seats, rearview camera, bluetooth phone, XM radio,flat folding 3-row seat, numerous and well placed cup-holders and lots of cargo area.

Heated and air cooled seats and a little more cushion/contour in rear seats.

Great Car!
By Diana S. Rumsey

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Being that The Acura is my very first new car purchase, I did a great deal of research and comparisons. I am extremely pleased with my decision! The Acura MDX smooth & quiet to drive & holds curves well. The interior is comfortable & very adaptable. Both my husband and myself are physically handicapped and find the car to be a perfect fit for our needs.

XMSatalite Radio & Bose speakers! Bright headlights. Very comfortable back seats & leg room. WONDERFUL cargo space! Tilt reverse mirror. Spacious window designs. Love the Michlin tires!

Better leg room for long-legged drivers (seat does not go back far enough) Becareful of blind spots in new models (Not a problem in the MDX) I like the faux wood but NOT "Zebra" tone. Make space tire easier to access.

First Acura, Awesome SUV
By johnny wishbone

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura and I'm thrilled with it to say the least. The MDX handles like a sports car and has the comfort of a luxury vehicle. The interior is well thought out and the XM radio is a big hit with the family. The navigation is excellent and easy to use. The voice recognition is excellent once you learn the proper commands. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a midsize SUV.

Driving expierience, navigation, XM radio, voice recognition.

Best Mid Size SUV
By Josh

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this SUV. Best in Class! I test drove several competitors.They all were good. But for the price, value and for things that I was looking for in a Luxury SUVs the MDX was outstanding!!

Third row seating, Nav System

Improve gas mileage. Get rid of the Zebra wood trim.

Even better than the 2003
By econ1

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had 78,000 miles of our 2003 MDX (which we loved - never any problems - still had the original tires, brakes, etc.) and didn't particularly like the looks of the 2007, so opted for a new one minus the DVD package, which we never used. It's an unexpected significant improvement over the 2003 -- it's more quiet, LOVE the Handsfreelink, and the NAVI systems works even faster than the one in the 2003 model. May have slightly more power, but the 2003 had plenty. Added a trailer hitch to this to tow PWCs. Have thoroughly enjoyed the XM radio as well. We've already put 5,000 miles on this one in 2 months.

(1) Navigation system, (2) Bluetooth (HandsFreeLink), (3) standard XM radio, (4) quiet ride.

(1) Add caller ID to Bluetooth display; (2) illuminate steering wheel controls; my 95 Explorer even had those; (3) add automatic window switches to the other three positions (currently only the driver's window has this).