Used 2006 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

recommend it!
By AC and AS-C

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent, we are very happy with our MDX. We are impressed with the quality of the car. Well built.

XM radio, comfort, overall quality of car.

Hybrid model in near future. After having a civic, this is too much gas!

Acura MDX: Delivers with Value
By R. Harris

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought a EOY 2006 and what a value. Loaded it came in under $38K and then added a GAMIN GPS 52 for $500.00 saving $7,000.00.

Oct/Nov makes for great deals. The new 07 with new body type is great but for $14K more it's not worth it.

Like everyone knows this car's beauty if from within. She's low key. Perfect for wives who don't need attention from thieves.

Best choice for third row seat 4wd SUV
By Marc

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 3, soon to be 4 kids. But this is the secondary kid hauler to the minivan. The MDX is incredibly comfortable with just the right amount of refinement to be attractive but not overdone. All my kids are comfortable in the third row (tall 6 and 8 year olds) with moderate room behind 3rd row. Gas mileage has been 17 city and as good as 27 on the highway. Fold down seating is quick and easy. Stereo is good, not great. Runs fine on 87 or 93 octane.

Fully packaged base model leaving only toys as options in the touring models makes this purchase easy. 3 rows of seats with split fold down 2nd and 3rd rows make this a great SUV for trips, Costco/bulky shopping or packing 6 passengers and a driver with very competetive SUV gas milage.

Adjustable driver's side 2nd row seat like the Pilot counterpart. Power liftgate. The '07 copycat exterior redesign with the unattractive zebrawood interior may kill this once great SUV.

another great Acura vehicle
By Acurafan

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy this Acura, the seating for 7 is great - can take my kids and their friends out in one vehicle. And can still park in my garage. I've owned 4 previous Acuras, so I'm loyal, but before buying this MDX I considered the competitors. The MDX was the better total package - great balance of sporty features with practicality, Also, it's the perfect size allowing for a useful 3rd row (kids).

Lots of room. Nav is fantastic. Works great - easy to use. Rear camera is of more value than I thought it would be. Makes backing into parking spots allot easier. Sporty looks hides its large size. Power is very good and engine has a slight rumble to it under acceleration - FUN

I wish the rear window rolled down. Would like to see wider, sportier tires/rims. (I could do this myself).

Great Vehicle for Shopping & Road Trips
By L Tunner

This is the second MDX I've owned, and I love MDXs. Perfect for our active lifestyle..my aunts and cousins call it our touring/shopping/eating machine. Navigation system is great for road trips and seeking out new sites. Comfortably accomodates 5 shopping queens. Large cargo area has carried everything from 5 large dogs..club chairs..bags of mulch..lots of shopping bags. Performance, reliability and safety features are excellent.

Nav system, heated seats, rearview camera, bluetooth phone, XM radio,flat folding 3-row seat, numerous and well placed cup-holders and lots of cargo area.

Heated and air cooled seats and a little more cushion/contour in rear seats.